Senior Information Systems/Configuration Analyst - 117860
#117860 Senior Information Systems/Configuration AnalystFiling Deadline: Tue 8/9/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive work visa sponsorship.
Fully remote work will be considered.
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO). Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
_Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and within Information Technology Services. Crafting a culture around these values allows us to more deeply connect with and appreciate our employees, students, and campus partners. Information Technology Services is continuously working to build a community where we all feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. We do this not only because it is what’s right, but because we know that diversity drives insight and innovation. We are proud to partner closely UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as their dedication to this mission helps us all to drive change. _
The Financial Information Services team provides campus and UC wide financial enterprise systems for the UC San Diego community. We strive to consistently deliver quality and reliable information systems that help our campus achieve its administrative goals. Our combined technical resources allow us to build, integrate, host and deliver campus-wide enterprise systems for both our campus, and collaboratively with other campuses within the UC system.
This position provides analysis, performs design work, system architecture, and configuration of the UCSD budget and financial cloud systems in support of the Campus, Medical Center and Foundation. Activities include daily maintenance, production support, and enhancement and transformation of the financial application and processes. The role will include collaborating with business owners, team members, and technical project managers to document, translate, validate, and communicate business, functional, and technical requirements throughout all stages of the project lifecycle. Mentor other team members in Oracle configuration, quickly learn each business area, provide analysis and design, and then configure Oracle to meet the requirements.
- Support the design & configuration for Oracle Cloud products including Oracle Financials Cloud, Enterprise Budgeting and Cloud, Enterprise Data Management Cloud, Account Reconciliation Cloud, and Oracle Narrative Reporting.
- Provide analysis, perform design work, system architecture, and configuration of the UCSD budget and financial cloud systems to provide solutions to business and technical challenges
- Design, document and refine future state processes with Subject Matter Experts through configuration of Oracle products
- Provide general system maintenance, production support of the financial applications and processes.
- Support the evaluation, testing, and implementation of internal enhancements and Oracle’s quarterly feature release cycles.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions including the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs, including the ability to identify, analyze, and organize processing requirements, documentation, and data.
- Experience with environment & release management as it relates to configuration and testing of vended platforms.
- Experience working with specific vended solutions: Oracle Financial Cloud (ERP, EPBCS, EDMCS, ARCS), including analyzing, designing, configuration and implementation.
- Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner for complex process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description.
- Demonstrated project management skills and working with vended SDLC and project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint using standard project methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall in both independent and blended approaches.
- Lean Six Sigma Training or Certification
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. This position is eligible for full: - Health/Dental/Vision Insurance- Vacation/Holidays - Life Insurance- UC Retirement Plan.
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit - http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and UCSD Work/Life visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/index.html
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.php
Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.Employee must be available to travel as required.Job offer is contingent on clear background check.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
Job Reference #: 117860