Laborer - TP119952
#TP119952 LaborerInitial Review Date: Thu 11/17/2022
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
Temporary Employment Services (TES) places employees in departments that have temporary staffing needs. TES offers a variety of assignments, and an excellent benefits package, as well as opportunities for skill enhancement and exposure to career opportunities at UC San Diego. Hours, salary, and locations vary by assignment. TES has current openings for Laborers.
(3 Vacancies) 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Saturdays - Wednesdays.
* Hybrid cleaning and light maintenance position.
* Performs semi-skilled and skilled manual tasks and cleaning of campus buildings: mop, sweep, vacuum, shampoo carpet, wax and buff floors, empty trash, move and arrange furniture, wash windows, clean rooms, furniture, bathrooms, and appliances.
* Machine Operation: Operates vacuum cleaners, floor machines, and power-washer.
* Driving: Safely operates and drives trucks with lifts, box trucks, and various other university vehicles.
* Will respond to routine and emergency work requests.
* Strong Customer Service
(1 Vacancy) 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Mondays - Fridays.
* Perform a variety of unskilled manual tasks.
* Loading and unloading of trucks.
* Knowledge of Recycling Standards: Collect recyclables from various locations on campus. Clean and maintain recycling and litter sites and receptacles, and loading docks on campus. Collect items left outside recycling bins and load them into the correct bins for recycling.
* Driving: Operate vehicles to collect and transport recyclables to disposal areas. Load and unload trucks and other vehicles. Experience operating large stake bed trucks.
* Computer Skills: Some computer experience is required to enter time/WO# etc. Must be familiar with smartphones, especially iPhones. Basic experience using standard computer systems and applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), electronic mail, and web-based applications.
* Strong Customer Service.
(1 Vacancy) 4 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Mondays - Fridays AND (1 Vacancy) 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Mondays - Fridays.
* Under the supervision of the Landscape Services Superintendent, perform a variety of unskilled manual tasks.
* Assist with pressure washing projects and water recovery.
* Clean and wipe down patio table and chairs.
* Trash can service and ground litter pick up and removal.
* Set up and maintain a safety zone with cones, barricades, safety tape to identify areas of landscape work.
* Assist Landscape Services personnel by maintaining shrub beds and other planted areas to include pulling weeds, raking and performing minor trimming of shrubs. Sweep, blow and/or shovel mud and debris from walkways, roads, building entrances and outdoor terraces in order to keep campus walkways and roadways safe and clear of debris.
Driving: Safely operates and drives trucks with lifts, box trucks, and various other university vehicles.
* Ability to work effectively in a team-based, service-oriented environment.
* Ability to Lift 20-50 lbs.: Frequently
Background check is required.
Applicants must be able to travel to various UC San Diego locations.
Must be able to start working immediately after employment offer.
Must be willing to work 40 hours/week.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.