Information Systems Analyst 3 - 118739
#118739 Information Systems Analyst 3Extended Review Date: Wed 2/21/2024
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 9/14/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 9/23/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive J-1 and H-1B work visa sponsorship.
This will be a hybrid position (remote 2 days/week)after the completion of the first 6 months.
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO). Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and within Information Technology Services. Crafting a culture around these values allows us to more deeply connect with and appreciate our employees, students, and campus partners. Information Technology Services is continuously working to build a community where we all feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. We do this not only because it is what’s right, but because we know that diversity drives insight and innovation. We are proud to partner closely UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as their dedication to this mission helps us all to drive change.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH), a division of ITS, is a self-funded, large, and complex campus department consisting of 9 divisions, withmore than 600 staff employees, 700-800 student employees and an annual operating budget of $140 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings and approximately 5.3 million sq. ft.
Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH also provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to student residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
HDH has one of the largest and most geographically distributed IT infrastructures on campus and manages all services under the Information Technology umbrella. This includes development and maintenance of highly technical and complex computing environment including over a dozen enterprise applications, multiple complex platforms (HP-UNIX, Apple Macintosh, & MS Windows multi-core systems) serving every HDH division, Residential Life Services and the UCSD Campus. These include HDH hardware and software systems, HDH Network Security, 400 MHz Radio system, Triton CATV, administration of the Dining Dollars and Triton Cash Account programs, the FoodPro inventory control system, and the Point of Sales system, to name a few. Details include responsibilities for Dell Workstations, Macintosh Workstations, Multi-core processors Dell Severs, Triton Cash Accounts, 45,000+ Campus ID card accounts and Dining Dollar accounts(Meal Plan). HDH IT interacts closely with other campus departments such as ITS, Extension, Student Financial Services SBS) and others.
- Responsible for multiple simultaneous tasks and or projects
- Analyzes and resolves complex issues within defined procedures and practices
- Administration of the Dining Dollars and Triton Cash Account programs
- Supporting a complex computing environment including several POS systems
- Applies IT professional concepts and department, unit and campus policies and procedures to resolve a variety of moderately complex application and support issues in one or more IT areas of specialization utilizing strong inductive and deductive reasoning while maintaining customer satisfaction and meeting deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Broad knowledge of various areas of IT. Broad knowledge of IT service, support relating to POS, Dining, Markets, Laundries and Housing.
- Demonstrated ability to install software and troubleshoot and repair moderately complex problems with computing devices, peripherals, and software. Understanding of and experience troubleshooting client, server and peripherals related issues and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination, and analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions. Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of PCI industry practices and implementation.
- Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification, and implementation. Basic knowledge of secure software development. Demonstrated ability to create software specifications.
- Ability to manage departmental point of sale (POS) and P2PE devices, variety of control and on-line card readers servicing HDH Dining facilities, Student Business Services, and a variety of campus vendors
- Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends as well as On Call.
- Employee must be available to travel as required.
- Job offer is contingent on clear background check.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. Click here for Details
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $82,500 - $151,500 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $39.51 - $72.56
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
If employed by the University of California, you will be required to comply with our Policy on Vaccination Programs, which may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.