Endoscopy Technician - La Jolla Special Procedures - 126549
#126549 Endoscopy Technician - La Jolla Special ProceduresExtended Deadline: Fri 3/8/2024
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 11-8-23 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 11-20-23. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Under supervision, The Endoscopy Tech I is responsible for setting up and assisting physician/nurse in all GI procedures (including ERCP's and less advanced procedures), performing simple sigmoidoscopies and paracentesis with physicians/nurse endoscopists, maintaining equipment and ensuring appropriate scope washing compliance, coordinate internal and external supply orders, restock and maintain inventory, assist in billing functions and in maintaining unit statistics, assist with administrative tasks in the department and perform necessary admission.
Selected candidate may be hired at the Endoscopy Tech I or Tech II level based on qualification and experience.
- One (1) year as a GI Endoscopy Tech and/or Patient Care experience (GI Tech, LVN, CNA, Certified Medical Assistant, EMT, Dialysis Tech, Surgical Tech or other experience directly assisting physicians with procedures); OR a combination of education and experience.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical EMR system.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with diverse patient population and teams required.
- Two (2) years of experience as a GI Endoscopy Tech (minimum qualification for Tech II level).
- Two (2) year of advanced interventional GI procedures (minimum qualification for Tech II level).
- Recognized as a GTS (GI Technical Specialist) or an AGTS (Advanced GI Technical Specialist ) by completion of the SGNA Associates Program or Advanced Associates Program (for Tech II level).
- Must have current LVN, CNA, CMA (Certified Medical Assistant), EMT or Surgical Tech certification.
- GI Procedural Tech or Tech experience.
- Bilingual Spanish.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Position is not a fixed schedule. Shift times and days of the week will vary.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Selected candidate may be hired at the Tech 1 or Tech 2 level based on the applicant’s qualifications.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $64,436 - $80,158 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $30.86 - $38.39
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
If employed by the University of California, you will be required to comply with our Policy on Vaccination Programs, which may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free environment. Employees may be subject to drug screening.