Clinical Informatics Specialist 4 - Hybrid/Remote - 116583
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#116583 Clinical Informatics Specialist 4 - Hybrid/RemoteExtended Deadline: Tue 7/5/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 06/09/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at Towne Center Drive and remote.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist 4 - Patient Flow Capacity Command Center is responsible for triaging, designing, managing, and meeting analytics needs across the UCSD Health system. The Clinical Informatics Specialist 4 also supports enterprise efforts such as Epic upgrades and other optimization and go-live efforts. The Clinical Informatics Specialist 4 is responsible for producing reports in Reporting workbench, Radar, Clarity, Crystal, RWB-SQL and Tableau.
Involves the development and implementation of the organization's information systems and tools that are applied to clinical information. Works closely with administration and clinicians across all hospital/ healthcare departments to optimize effective use of systems. Coordinates analytical support for health management, including profiling, health economics, and business analytics/performance metrics. Defines systems and applications to support various functions. May provide customer service, troubleshooting and maintenance. Applies advanced professional clinical informatics concepts and extensive knowledge of industry practices to projects of all levels of scope and complexity.
Technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in specific areas; problem-solving frequently requires analysis of unique issues / problems without precedent and / or structure. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy.
- Serves as a technical leader in collaborating with business operations, healthcare clinicians, and IT applications and technical teams to translate operations reporting requirements into technical reporting requirements.
- Leads project teams that include advanced business and clinical staff to improve clinical informatics results and to provide advice and sophisticated metrics and analytics to support management’s decision-making processes for operations requirements that are cost-effective, scalable, and meet present and future needs.
- Performs highly-complex quality assurance testing, designs and runs SQL (Structured Query Language) queries for enhanced and complex medical data access, and plans, develops, and writes documentation of design and deployment processes, workflows, and results.
- As a technical leader and information resource, may provide support, troubleshooting, and problem solving at an advanced level, and may produce and deliver user training curricula.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nine (9) years of related experience, education/training; OR a Bachelor’s Degree in related area plus five (5) years of related experience/training.
Professional experience and proven success performing clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies and adoption of technology.
- Advanced level capabilities with MSSQL server and related technologies.
- EPIC Certifications in Cogito, Clarity, and/or Caboodle.
- Advanced level experience with database management and various third-party report building tools such as Tableau, Crystal Reports, Cognos, SAS, and others.
- Experience in a large, complex healthcare environment.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.