Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager - 128024
#128024 Business Systems Analyst / Project ManagerInitial Review Date: Tue 2/13/2024
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive work visa sponsorship.
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County.
Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO). Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and within Information Technology Services. Crafting a culture around these values allows us to more deeply connect with and appreciate our employees, students, and campus partners. Information Technology Services is continuously working to build a community where we all feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. We do this not only because it is what’s right, but because we know that diversity drives insight and innovation. We are proud to partner closely UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as their dedication to this mission helps us all to drive change.
The Housing, Dining, and Hospitality (HDH-ITS), a division of ITS, provides core services for UC San Diego and supports all HDH services. The HDH Information Technology Services organization provides a full catalog of IT services to the Executive Director of HDH and each business unit within HDH, which currently consists of Graduate and Undergraduate Housing, Dining, Markets, Conferences, Catering, Custodial, HR, Business, and Finance, Facilities and Building Maintenance HDH-ITS also provides indirect support through ResLife and ResNet and SFS Carding Services. At a campus-level provides core services for Campus One card, Kronos, PCI/POS, and E-lock services.
- As a Business Systems Analyst for ITS-HDH, the incumbent will be focused primarily on gathering functional and technical requirements by understanding moderate to complex business processes related to Housing, Custodial, Catering, Dining, Business & Finance, conferences and construction, and designing solutions leveraging multiple commercial off-the-shelf and custom developed solutions.
- Serves as IT PM for multiple large and small HDH construction projects (new & renovations). Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, project deadlines, goals, and deliverables with many HDH and campus-wide entities. Reports on all projects using standard industry-type reporting using campus selected project management services, applications and tools. Performs site walks throughout projects to ensure requirements are met.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to translate business requirements and initiatives into successful IT projects. The incumbent works with stakeholders to quickly understand and learn each business area as it is added, providing analysis and designs, then configuring applications and services to meet the business requirements.
- Works closely with other business and technical project managers on large-scale enterprise-wide solutions across UC San Diego (campus and Health) as well as the UC system.
- Identifies and solves problems affecting the business solution, analyzes the existing business systems, and makes recommendations for improvement. Conducts research, provides references, identifies best practices, produces workflow explanations by creating appropriate documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions. Demonstrated experience with analysis of processes and issues, information flow and architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of building and construction, Software and design, construction contract administration, and California Building Codes, including the understanding of industry practices, or deep expertise in a highly specialized and critical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to provide technical advice on construction project practices, methods, and procedures, and to prepare drawings and specifications for building projects. Skill in developing training materials and training others in technology including, but not limited to Bluebeam and JIRA.
- Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture. Thorough skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with process and software design, modification and implementation.
- Knowledge of Housing, Dining, and Hospitality business & services and process analysis functions. Knowledge of the design, development, and application of technology and systems to meet business needs for dining, housing, markets, laundries, maintenance, and custodial areas.
- In-depth understanding and skill in process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description.
- Thorough Knowledge of related areas of IT. Including, but not limited to, application development, systems integration, infrastructure, databases, mobile and desktop user interfaces, and commodity IT solutions.
* Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certified* 5 or more years of Business Systems Analyst experience. * 4 or more years of Project Management experience.
Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends. Employee must be available to travel as required.Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $74,300 - $134,500 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $35.58 - $64.42
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
If employed by the University of California, you will be required to comply with our Policy on Vaccination Programs, which may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
Job Reference #: 128024