Anesthesia Technician - La Jolla - Per Diem - 127111
#127111 Anesthesia Technician - La Jolla - Per DiemExtended Deadline: Tue 3/12/2024
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Under supervision, provides support to the surgical patient and operating room team by performing standard and complex activities related to and directly involving anesthesia care. Assists with airway management, physiologic monitoring, and the placement of invasive lines. In addition, performs routine maintenance and safety checks of equipment, troubleshooting, cleaning and disinfecting equipment.Exhibits professionalism in patient and staff interactions. Precepts, assists, and trains new Anesthesia Monitoring staff. Operates rapid infusion devices and cell saver devices in operating room. Operates TEE and Balloon Pump. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Two (2) years of experience as an Anesthesia Technician.
- Experience working with trauma patient, cardiac devices and with Rapid Infusion Devices and Blood Salvaging Devices (Cell Saver) used in procedures.
- Skills working with trauma, transplant, and cardiac procedures.
- Proficient in the application, acquisition, preparation, and troubleshooting of various types of equipment required for the delivery of anesthesia care.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and principles of anesthesia technology.
- Independent judgment skills is required for rapid response to the quickly changing circumstances in the patient care environment.
- Certified Anesthesia Technologist issued by ASATT (Cer. A.T.T.).
- Experience with Echocardiography (TEE) and Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump used in procedures.
- Completion of a anesthesia program from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call, holidays and various locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $83,938 - $83,938 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $40.20 - $40.20
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
If employed by the University of California, you will be required to comply with our Policy on Vaccination Programs, which may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free environment. Employees may be subject to drug screening.