112426 - Senior Electronics Technician
#112426 Senior Electronics TechnicianFiling Deadline: Wed 10/27/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/10/flu-vaccination-requirement-for-uc-students,-faculty-and-staff-issued-for-2021-2022.html
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted UC San Diego Campus hiring. UCSD Campus will continue to recruit for essential positions and we ask for your understanding and patience with our application process during this unprecedented time. For more information regarding steps we are taking to keep applicants and staff safe during this time, please click here.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/27/21 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 10/18/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive J-1 and H-1B work visa sponsorship.
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO). Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
_Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and within Information Technology Services. Crafting a culture around these values allows us to more deeply connect with and appreciate our employees, students, and campus partners. Information Technology Services is continuously working to build a community where we all feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. We do this not only because it is what’s right, but because we know that diversity drives insight and innovation. We are proud to partner closely UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as their dedication to this mission helps us all to drive change. _
Educational Technology Services (ETS), a division of IT Services, provides technology services, support, and resources to UC San Diego academic community, facilitating teaching and learning in service of the University’s educational mission.Our efforts are grounded in a commitment to quality, collaboration, customer focus, innovation and inclusiveness.
The Senior Electronic Technician installs audiovisual (AV) equipment for a wide variety of UC San Diego campus and UC San Diego Health projects from small systems to complex video conferences room systems. The position will work independently and in a team of installers to complete projects. The Senior Electronic Technician will also alter existing audiovisual systems and structures
- Install complete audiovisual packages including, but not limited to, projectors, displays, screens, wiring, cabling, computer controls, rack-building, control systems, sound systems, and video conference systems, including necessary furniture installation and modification, without direct supervision. Ensure all mechanical structure is within legal specifications and safe to operate. Change engineered system designed projects in the field as needed
- Mount and install electric and manual projection screens with the ability to flush mount screens in a T-bar ceiling.
- Design and fabricate electronic circuits and/or mechanical devices as needed.
- Use tools such as band saws, electric drills, cordless drills, electric circular saws, electric reciprocating saws, routers, electric jigsaws, power actuated guns, volt/ohm meters, electronic test equipment (including oscilloscopes), measurement tools, and soldering irons in order to accomplish necessary repairs to return equipment to normal operating condition.
- Load Crestron program files. Design and load first Biamp tesira program. Load and tests programs.
- Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Employee must be available to travel as required.
- Must be willing to work an alternate schedule.
- Ability to drive a van and electric cart.
- Must provide proof of insurance, valid driver’s license and clean driving record upon hire and each year thereafter. Will be a participant in the DMV Pull Notice Program.
- Must be able to lift up to 100lbs, perform work at heights, climb ladders, work from scaffolding, pull cable, and work in tight small spaces for long periods of time.
- Must be able to operate a scissor lift. Must be trained in ladder safety and fall protection.
- Demonstrated experience and ability installing complete audiovisual packages including but not limited to projectors, displays, wiring, cabling, computer controls, rackbuilding, control systems, sound systems, computer hardware, and videoconference systems (including furniture installation and modification).
- Demonstrated experience and skill in troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing AV equipment on the bench and in the field to the component level. This includes all basic projection equipment including but not limited to projectors (including LCD composite projectors), displays, control systems, video players and recorders, tape recorders, printers, broadcast quality cameras, document cameras, slide-to-video transfer devices, and whiteboards. Experience in electromechanical AV component installation.
- Demonstrated experience and ability with terminations including but not limited to soldering including S-Video connections and Sony Visca, 8 pin mini Din connections and any D-sub connectors, HD-15 crimp connectors, patch bay terminations, and proper labeling (both video and audio).
- Demonstrated experience and ability in mounting and installing electric and manual projection screens with the ability to flush mount screens in a T-bar ceiling.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to design and fabricate electronic circuits and/or mechanical devices as needed for various university applications.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and inspecting the work of others including contractors and recommending appropriate action to be taken.
- Ability to meet deadlines, including prioritizing multiple projects.
- Job offer is contingent on clear background check.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. Click here for Details
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.