112203 - Integrations Developer
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#112203 Integrations DeveloperInitial Review Date: Wed 11/3/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/22/21 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 11/03/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Candidates hired into this position may have the ability to work remotely.
UC San Diego Health is seeking an applicant for a Senior Integrations Developer who will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and maintaining integration code into and out of various database and systems including ERP systems (Oracle Financials Cloud, PeopleSoft, Salesforce), EMR( Epic), on-premise SQL Server, and more. The incumbent will need to be well versed in MuleSoft Integrations, but familiarity with other technologies such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, database stored procedures, and Tableau is desired. The applicant will support the ongoing efforts to implement a robust EAI/SOA to meet the strategic goals of the organization. This position will be part of the overall systems and integration teams at UC San Diego Health and will be part of the team responsible for the overall framework and architecture for Enterprise Integration.
Senior Integrations Engineer Requirements:
The Senior Integrations Developer will function as part of a team of developers supporting the integration needs for our clinical enterprise, including our Medical Center, Physician Group, and Population Health Services Organization. Extensive MuleSoft/API and database solution development/maintenance experience are required. Specific duties include: supporting the development of a sustainable program around integration projects. Defining the framework and integration patterns most appropriate when integrating with various systems.
Project Management Requirements:Senior Integrations Developer will function as the technical project manager responsible for their own project plans in conjunction with the operational project managers to ensure accurate, consistent, and timely data delivery. Specific duties include but are not limited to developing and maintaining project plans, coordinating and collaborating with team members, creating status reports, facilitating decisions, identifying and mitigating risks, collecting and interpreting data from various sources, presenting measure and project results to clinical and operations executives, and managing evolving technical requirements.
The Senior Integrations Developer will function as the technical product manager responsible for developing and maintaining integrations into and out of the EMR systems, ERP systems, UCSD Health database environment, and other data environments as required, using techniques and tools including MuleSoft, SSIS, and more. Roadmaps should be developed in conjunction with senior leadership, operational stakeholders, and vendor advisors to ensure these products can meet business and clinical requirements including scaling across multiple dimensions. Specific duties include but are not limited to facilitating operational and requirements planning sessions, conducting product related research, developing product requirements and specifications, producing development approaches and timelines, coordinating the integration of products into the larger enterprise product portfolio, assessing third party products/vendor solutions, communication plans, training plans, writing recommendations to senior leadership, and creating maintenance/upgrade plans.
Level 4: Technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in specific areas; problem-solving frequently requires analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy.
- Create wrapper APIs based on Mule Anypoint Platform Management APIs for automation and integration of other platforms to API Hosting platform
- Using Mule Management APIs, build onboarding and access management automations to the API Hosting platform
- Setup distributed as well as embedded API gateways with various load balancing topologies
- Setup security models and policies for consumers and producers of API and catalog assets
- Understand and follow company policies surrounding data governance, security, and API development
- Design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements; prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Collaborates with clinical, financial, business, and technical leaders to plan, develop, implement, and analyze and design an integrated architectural approach to ensure an optimal and efficient user experience and functionality, integrity, and reliability of integrations.
- Mentor staff in the best practices for MuleSoft and develop in-house team capabilities.
- Performs highly-complex quality assurance testing, establishes robust systems integrations monitoring, and implements regression testing tools.
- Executes Dev Ops methodologies using GitHub, Azure repositories, CICD pipeline, and associated development lifecycle management tools.
- Designs and runs in SQL, or MSSQL queries for enhanced and complex data access, and plans, develops, and writes documentation of design and deployment processes, workflows, and results.
- As a technical leader and information resource, may provide support, troubleshooting, and problem solving at an advanced level, and may produce and deliver user training curricula.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure continuity and support of the integration operations of the organization.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize, and enhance existing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nine (9) years (note: when a candidate does not have a bachelor's degree) of related experience, education/training in Enterprise Solution development, healthcare analytics, and/or healthcare API development, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus five (5) years of related experience/training in Enterprise Solution development, healthcare analytics, and/or healthcare API development.
Experience and proven success providing a variety of IT services such as database administration, application programming, IT project management, systems administration, systems and process analysis, security, solution development and maintenance, business technical support or a combination of these and/or other IT functions. Must have experience in data integration and the specification of data services.
Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software.
Demonstrated skill at analyzing and preventing security incidents of high complexity.
Strong security skills for protecting the operating system, software, data and hardware.
- Strong knowledge of EAI/SOA best practices, development methodologies & standards
- Solid programming skills using J2EE, Design Patterns, JMS, SOAP / REST Web Services, XSLT, CXF, Spring Framework, etc.
- Experienced troubleshooting Mule ESB, including working with debuggers, flow analyzers and configuration tools.
- Experience with all phases of software development life cycle from Business Requirement Analysis to Production implementation.
- Familiarity working with several different protocols (XML, XSLT, JSON, REST, FHIR, SOAP, HL7, RAML)
- Experienced integrating EMR and ERP systems, specifically Epic, Oracle Financials Cloud, Salesforce Health Cloud, and PeopleSoft.
- Prior mentoring experience, supporting peers and junior staff members through requirements, design and development activities.
- Advanced level of project management, Dev Ops, and/or program management experience. Familiarity with Agile development, Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), Product Development Life Cycles (PDLC), and waterfall implementation methodologies.
- A high level of proficiency in SQL programming
- Epic Certifications
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.