111702 - Patient Screener-COVID Operations
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#111702 Patient Screener-COVID OperationsFiling Deadline: Fri 9/24/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/14/2021 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 09/24/2021. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Under general supervision, the Patient Screener acts as a point of contact for patients. The Screener will screen patients for COVID and related symptoms prior to entering UCSD buildings. Performs and participates in front office patient centered duties, to include, but not limited to, greeting patients, co-pay collection, appointment scheduling, authorizations and referrals. Acts as a resource for patients and assists physicians, staff, and ambulatory care service managers as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of third party payors, including federal, state and private health plans.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability by using good judgement.
- Demonstrated computer skills and the ability to work between multiple systems during calls.
- Ability to work in an interactive environment and possess excellent customer service skills, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Medical assisting experience.
- Epic and Cadence experience, or similar EMR system.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.