110812 - 340B Program Auditor
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#110812 340B Program AuditorInitial Review Date: Thu 9/16/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 08/06/2021 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 08/17/2021. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The 340B Program Auditor position involves the review and evaluation of healthcare regulatory compliance controls and programs specifically related to 340B. Working with the 340B Program Coordinator and the 340B Compliance Specialist, this position:
- Audits for 340B program compliance across UCSD using available tools. Keeps abreast of regulatory issues concerning 340B.
- Assists in planning for any changes occurring in regards to 340B eligibility.Provides education and consultation to hospital and medical staff regarding the 340B program compliance and operations.
- Audits all aspects of the 340B program at UCSD, which could include review of records from UCSD retail pharmacies, Contract Pharmacies, records pertaining to hospital, infusion center, and clinic operations, and review of split billing software.
- Acts as a channel of communication to direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution.
- Ensures issues and concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Assists in development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the 340B program.
Six (6) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus two (2) years of related experience/training
Proven experience with and working knowledge of the methods, tools, and practices involved with regulatory compliance.
Must be proficient in Microsoft office, particularly excel. This position has routine use of spreadsheets of manipulation of large data sets.
- California Pharmacy Technician License.
- Prior knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to 340B.
- Prior experience using EPIC or equivalent Electronic Medical Record/Outpatient Pharmacy information system.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.