Well-being Program Manager - Hybrid/Remote - 118574
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#118574 Well-being Program Manager - Hybrid/RemoteFiling Deadline: Thu 10/6/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 8/31/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 9/12/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position may work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both on-site at Hillcrest Medical Center and remote.
Reporting to the Director of Experience Operations, the Well-being Program Manager is responsible for leading a variety of initiatives, projects, and programs that advance the overall well-being of the UC San Diego Health workforce. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating program elements of the UC San Diego Health Well-being and Engagement Program. Key areas of focus will be providing transparent and timely communication, maintaining a team member well-being pulse website, coordinating Seeing Rounds, program marketing and promotion, and developing new programming. Involves assessing organizational and strategic issues and providing guidance through organizational development solutions such as facilitating assessments, strategic planning, and culture-change and process-oriented approaches to enhance institutional performance.The Well-being and Engagement Program is under the Office of Experience Transformation.
- Collaborate with leaders, departments, team members, and committees across the organization on well-being initiatives.
- Recommend and facilitate improvements ensuring alignment with organizational strategy.
- Understands business needs and ensures that systems, both technical and non-technical, can support those needs.
- Analyze and track program metrics; develop comprehensive program report outs.
- Assess complex situations, identifies desired improvements, works with stakeholders to address issues, and implements solutions aligned with strategic goals.
- Chairs Well-being and Engagement Committee.
- Guides and advises less experienced organizational consultants.
- Lead cross-functional teams to solve complex organizational issues.
- Exercise wide judgment in selecting and developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain appropriate results and resolve program issues.
- Provides collaborative leadership and consultation, strategic planning, design and facilitation, and project management on complex problems to achieve strategically aligned solutions.
Nine (9) years of managing employee health and wellbeing programs, employee engagement initiatives, or related experience. OR a Bachelor's Degree in organizational design, human resources, business administration, or related area, PLUS five (5) years of related employee engagement experience.
Thorough knowledge of the organizational development and effectiveness field, theories, and models to assess, design, and implement customized, strategic organization interventions.
Demonstrates strong analytical, problem-solving, project planning, and implementation skills.
Applies strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
Possesses strong consulting, relationship building, and strategic thinking skills. Demonstrates skill consulting to managers and groups at all levels. Ability to coach, facilitate and influence people at all levels.
Knowledge of the consulting process to effectively lead engagements from inception to conclusion.
Ability to persuade through both logic and appeal to positive motivations.
Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- An advanced degree such as MPA, MPH, MBA, MSW, or MEd.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.