Warehouse Worker - Moving Services - TP122928
#TP122928 Warehouse Worker - Moving ServicesFiling Deadline: Fri 6/30/2023
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
- Pay: $19.63 per hour
- Duration: 6 months
Temporary Employment Services (TES) places employees in departments that have temporary staffing needs. TES offers a variety of assignments, and an excellent benefits package, as well as opportunities for skill enhancement and exposure to career opportunities at UC San Diego. Hours, salary, and locations vary by assignment. TES has current openings for Warehouse Workers.
- Loads and unloads trucks with furniture, equipment and material for safe movement and transport utilizing material handling equipment.
- Assures that material loaded on vehicles are properly secured for travel, observing all safety precautions to protect property and personnel.
- Provide speedy and safe loading of trucks for expeditious movement of products to on and off campus locations.
- Maintain daily accountability for all material received, loaded and delivered by collecting signatures for custodial transfer.
- Updates notes and delivery locations accordingly.
- Maintain proper receipts, delivery confirmations, and pickup confirmations for all packages that transfer custody throughout the day.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours/week Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm-Able to lift 70 lbs
- Able to walk / carry items up and down stairs,
- Able to utilize/ learn/ have some knowledge with hand tools (electric screw driver, manual screw drivers ect),
- Take direction and work independently to complete tasks-Dependable, Team Player
*Background and Reference checks required.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $40,987 - $54,058 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $19.63 - $25.89
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: TP122928