Virtual Care Clinical App. Analyst - Hybrid/Remote - 116881
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#116881 Virtual Care Clinical App. Analyst - Hybrid/RemoteFiling Deadline: Thu 7/7/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 06/27/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 06/30/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at Towne Centre Drive and remote.
This position will function as the senior technical application analyst responsible for developing and maintaining core Virtual Care products such as our eSitter solutions, Video Visit Platforms and Telemedicine Applications. This position will also work with our analytics teams to identify pertinent data models to support the Virtual Care program.
This position will involve design, building, testing, and implementation of applications, and data models within the clinical application system. Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs. Works with clinicians to prepare detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis. May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance, as a participant in an on-call support schedule.
As a level IV analyst in Virtual Care, the incumbent applies advanced professional concepts and extensive industry knowledge to lead and/ or work on medium to large projects of broad scope and complexity.
Nine (9) years of related healthcare application support experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus five (5) of related healthcare application support experience/training.
Experience and proven success in information systems implementation, development and support within a large-scale healthcare organization.
- Professional experience and proven success performing clinical workflows, user interface optimization and user acceptance testing.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring wired and wireless communication equipment and related computer equipment, including application and operating systems software.
- Experience defining user requirements for complex systems and educating customers on application functionality and limitations.
- Experience Collaborating with customers on efficient, effective use of application resources, and create related documentation as necessary.
- Experience working with Vendors to align solutions with clinical needs and partnering with vendor resources for implementations.
- Familiarity with eSitter (Tele-Sitter) solutions such as AvaSure.
- Familiarity with Telemedicine solutions, ex include: Epic Native Video Visits, Vidyo, Zoom, Cisco, Amwell, IronBow etc.
- Experience supporting Windows client-server applications, such as OnBase and GE ViewPoint
- Familiarity with UC Protocols such as SIP, H323, SCCP, and WebRTC.
- Familiarity with EHRs specifically EPIC.
- EPIC Certification in any module.
- Experience with Tableau data visualization and a willingness to become EPIC Data module certified.
- Willingness to participate in an On-Call Support Rotation.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.