TP113111 - Financial Analyst / General Accountant
#TP113111 Financial Analyst / General AccountantFiling Deadline: Fri 12/17/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
TES has current openings for a variety of financial positions. Most positions are full-time, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, although part-time positions are sometimes available.
Under general direction, performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Financial and administrative management
- Gathering statistics, conducting surveys, analyzing data, producing statistical reports
- Account reconciliation, responsible for processing reimbursements, payments, purchase orders, catering requests, travel, etc.
- Responsible for resolving complex problems with vendors. Participate in fiscal closing activities
- Accounts payable and/or accounts receivable
- Payroll processing
- The preparation, processing, and maintenance of financial and accounting transactions, documents, and records.
- Responsible for the audit and reconciliation of monthly operating ledgers and determines appropriate methods to correct discrepancies, including the preparation of encumbrance adjustments, budget adjustment journals, and transfers of funds.
- Independently develop and/or oversee research proposals, awards, and/or transactions related to contract and grant management and maintain contract and grant records in compliance with policies.
- Works on proposals and awards of diverse scope where analysis of data requires a thorough understanding of complex regulations. Works on complex proposals and awards that may involve multiple investigators and/or multiple sub-awards
- Coordinate and oversee the post-award accounting and financial administration of funds received from federal and non-federal sponsors
TES also provides staffing coverage for a wide variety of higher-level positions in administration and business/program operations. Assignments are typically long-term on a full-time schedule. Candidates interested in being considered for potential future openings should submit their applications to this job posting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, recommend solutions, determine and implement procedures to accomplish an effective resolution, and evaluate results or progress.Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, fund accounting, and bookkeeping to maintain department financial records and reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, including effective writing skills to prepare correspondence, various documents and reports, and email with knowledge of the correct usage of English language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Solid organizational, planning, and time management skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to prioritize workload to meet shifting deadlines and changing priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage a high volume of transactions. Ability to work effectively within deadline constraints and with numerous interruptions.
- Experience with financial data management and reporting systems. Skill in coordinating analysis of complex accounting data, performing comprehensive reconciliation, communication of results to management, and resolution of complex accounting problems.Preferred degree in finance, accounting, business administration, mathematics, or economics
Background check required
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.