TP111792 - Equal Opportunity Services Program Coordinator
#TP111792 Equal Opportunity Services Program CoordinatorFiling Deadline: Wed 10/6/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions.
New immediate long-term opportunity available within the Human Resources department on the Equal Opportunity Services team.
The EOS Program Coordinator is responsible for overall program planning and development of university-wide programs that enhance equal employment opportunity for UC San Diego employees. The incumbent is responsible for defining and guiding the strategic direction of campus-wide programs to ensure that objectives and initiatives are met through strategic implementation and programmatic coordination. Provides innovative leadership and direction in the development, administration and evaluation of programs. Interprets the needs of departments or business units by applying analysis of strategic initiatives, staffing needs and programmatic activity to leverage organizational resources.
Develops and executes targeted marketing strategies to grow campus-wide programs and maintain the university’s commitment to affirmative action compliance. Collaborates frequently with Staff Education and Development to effectively leverage learning technology with program implementation and delivery to members at various levels of the organization. Administers programs within budgetary parameters set by EOS Leadership. Develops accurate data processing methods for responsive report generation and the maintenance of adequate record keeping systems. Assists in the coordination of UC San Diego’s participation in campus and local community outreach events.
* Must be able to work overtime on as needed basis to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
Anticipated Duration: 6 - 9 months
Compensation: $28 - $34 /hour DOE, including paid holidays and vacation/sick leave. Full-medical insurance also available.
Location: this position will have a hybrid work schedule of 1 - 2 days/week on-site, 3 - 4 days/week remote.
* Experience with diversity initiatives and outreach/programming to enhance Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. (Preferred)
* Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead programs to completion, determining priorities and demands of diverse constituents. Experience in setting project objectives; determining and addressing potential barriers; identifying required resources; identifying process steps and milestones; and adjusting action plans to achieve desired outcomes.
* Develop, coordinate and implement targeted marketing strategies to increase participation and engagement in programming from a diverse community.
* Proven skills in analyzing and utilizing strong mathematics and computational aptitude to research and accurately synthesize large amounts of data for preparing sound and relevant proposals/analyses, documents, and financial reports.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Effective writing skills to prepare correspondence, including knowledge of correct usage of English language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Ability to interact constructively with diverse staff and the general public, exercising tact and diplomacy with emphasis on flexibility and professionalism.
* Solid organizational skills, ability to complete projects with minimal guidance, ability to process a high volume of work while under pressure and maintain the highest level of accuracy. Meet multiple deadlines with frequently shifting priorities to ensure smooth workflow.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Background check required.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.