TP111209 - Medical Center Custodian
#TP111209 Medical Center CustodianExtended Deadline: Fri 10/29/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/10/flu-vaccination-requirement-for-uc-students,-faculty-and-staff-issued-for-2021-2022.html
Position available through UC San Diego Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UC San Diego experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
This is a temporary position. Temporary Employment Services (TES) currently has openings for candidates with cleaning experience to work at UC Medical Centers. TES offers a variety of assignments, and an excellent benefits package, as well as opportunities for skill enhancement and exposure to career opportunities at UC San Diego. Medical Center Custodians will:
- Perform cleaning duties in assigned areas of a medical facility in both patient and non-patient areas, including but not limited to: mopping, pushing and pulling carts, wall washing, vent cleaning, vacuuming, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning and safeguarding of assigned areas.
- Determine supplies needed and efficient usage of supplies.
- Responsible for efficient usage of supplies.
- Deliver clean linen and pick up soiled linen.
- Prior custodial experience in a large, complex healthcare setting or hospitality environment.
- Possess an understanding of procedures for the proper handling, storage, and disposal of chemotherapy and infectious/bio-hazardous waste.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Possess basic computer skills; knowledge of accessing online resources and training.
- Must be willing to work with hospital patients.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours/week, on a varied schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Able to perform all cleaning/custodial functions including but not limited to mopping, pushing and pulling carts, wall washing, vent cleaning, vacuuming, etc.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.