Surgical Liaison - 114815
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#114815 Surgical LiaisonExtended Deadline: Mon 5/23/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 03/03/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 03/15/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Minor revisions have been made to this requisition & does not change the nature of the position effective 3/3/2022.
The KOP Surgical Liaison is an integral part of the Guest Services team at UC San Diego Health, responsible for responding to the needs, requests, and concerns of our patients and guests in the Outpatient Surgery Clinic at the Koman Outpatient Pavilion. The KOP Surgical Liaison’s primary function is to provide support to patients and their families upon entry into the Outpatient Surgery Clinic by answering non-clinical questions, providing resources to patient family members as they wait for the patient’s procedure to conclude, providing surgical status updates upon request or at the direction of the nursing staff, and informing patients’ designee when the patient is ready for pickup.
Additional job functions include:
* Greeting Patients/Guests/Team Members
* Assisting Patients with Wayfinding
* Wheelchair Mobilization
* Ensuring the waiting areas are clean and presentable
* Utilizing critical thinking and analytical skills to determine the appropriate course of action for a patient or guest
* Utilizing Electronic Medical Records to assist patients and guests with critical information to their visit
* Fostering relationships with UC San Diego Health team members
Six (6) years of related experience, education/training in Guest Services/Hotel/Concierge Role/Information Desk, fast-paced Medical environment, hospitality-focused role, OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related area plus two (2) years of related experience/training in Guest Services/Hotel/Concierge Role/Information Desk.
Experience in a fast-paced Medical environment.
Experience in a customer service or hospitality-focused role.
Working knowledge of Patient Relations concepts to perform essential functions efficiently and effectively.
Strong communication skills needed to interact professionally and effectively in the work environment.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Familiarity with UC San Diego Health and working knowledge of clinical, professional, and ancillary departments.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- While the primary work location of this role is KOP, the work location is subject to change to another location on the La Jolla Medical campus based on needs.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.