Storekeeper - TP113976
#TP113976 StorekeeperFiling Deadline: Fri 1/28/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Position available through UC San Diego Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UC San Diego experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
Under supervision, responsible for the daily operation of Textbook and Trade books receiving functions. The Storekeeper position allows the UC San Diego Bookstore to process Textbooks, Trade-books, and General Merchandise to the selling floor promptly. The person is responsible for processing online/special and store orders, verifying contents and pricing on products, inventory control, shipping/receipt with UPS and FedEx, data entry, and general upkeep of the facility.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to handle large volumes of merchandise.
- Experience and skill in using personal computers and standard office applications.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy packages up to 75 lbs.
- Knowledge of basic warehousing skills.
- Skill in packaging books and other merchandise for shipment.
- Knowledge of receiving procedures and pricing techniques.
- Ability to interpret titles and prices from vendor invoices.
- Ability to reconcile purchase orders to invoices.
- Knowledge of invoices, packing slips, freight and return authorization documents.
- Background and reference checks will be required.
- Must be able to start working immediately after employment offer.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours/week.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.