Sr. Custodian - TP124502
#TP124502 Sr. CustodianInitial Review Date: Mon 8/21/2023
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
Temporary Employment Services (TES) places employees in departments that have temporary staffing needs. TES offers a variety of assignments, and an excellent benefits package, as well as opportunities for skill enhancement and exposure to career opportunities at UC San Diego. Hours, salary, and locations vary by assignment. TES has current openings for Custodians and Sr. Custodian.
- Perform semi-skilled and skilled cleaning for a variety of facilities on campus.
- Clean and disinfect assigned areas as needed.
- Empty and clean wastebaskets, ashtrays and other waste receptacles.
- Work with building occupants to answer questions regarding custodial or special set up services performed.
- Effectively work with campus customers and custodial team members to accomplish work with a high level of quality and efficiency.
Must be able to start working immediately after employment offer.Must be willing to work 40 hours/week, and varied schedules, including nights and weekends.
- Background checks required.
- Applicants must be able to travel to various UC San Diego locations or Medical centers as assigned.
- This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter pursuant to the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) and requires immediate reporting of physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, or neglect of anyone under the age of 18. It is the responsibility of the Mandated Reporter to ensure that they obtain proper training in order to fulfill their reporting responsibilities as required by the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and University policy, and to complete and submit the required reports to the UC San Diego Police Department without delay.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $39,463 - $49,068 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $18.90 - $23.50
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.