Senior Director, Ambulatory Nursing Operations - 122055
#122055 Senior Director, Ambulatory Nursing OperationsFiling Deadline: Mon 3/27/2023
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UC San Diego Health is seeking an experienced senior nurse leader to oversee the system ambulatory program. The Senior Director, Ambulatory Nursing Operations will have oversight of nurses in all nursing disciplines to include, but not limited to, primary care, medicine specialties and surgical specialties. Incumbent will also have oversight of the Ambulatory Quality Program, Ambulatory Point of Care Testing Program, and the Float Team. The Senior Director will be responsible for maintaining high standards of patient care in all Ambulatory operations, ensuring Magnet nursing standards are upheld and sustained within scope of practice, and overseeing department budgets ensuring that the operations are optimized, efficient and cost effective. Responsible for over 80 clinical locations, including both licensed and unlicensed clinic space. Will proactively partner with physicians and staff to ensure effective care is delivered throughout the Ambulatory operations.
The Senior Director oversees clinical practices for RNs, LVN, and MAs as it relates to processes that impact operations broadly across the organization. Develops systems for integration with the broader health system. Has significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and procedures, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Oversees through subordinate managers the accountability and stewardship of department resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets.
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- A minimum eight or more years of relevant experience, including progressive leadership in a ambulatory health care setting with multiple clinical sites.
- Experience and proven success in clinical patient care management.
- Proven experience leading a large number of nursing staff and maintaining high standards of care.
- Strong managerial skills and demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, and inspire direct reports.
- Strong developed knowledge of appropriate professional standards for a multidisciplinary team.
- Highly developed knowledge of patient population served and the requirements for the delivery of services.
- Strong communicator with ability to build rapport and maintain strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ten or more years of progressive leadership experience involving oversight of multiple ambulatory sites, including primary care and various specialties.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and overseeing department budgets.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing clinical quality programs.
- Experience within a large academic health system.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $125,600 - $314,400 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $60.15 - $150.57
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free environment. Employees may be subject to drug screening.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 122055