Senior Active Directory Engineer - 113273
#113273 Senior Active Directory EngineerInitial Review Date: Thu 1/6/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive work visa sponsorship.
Fully remote or Hybrid work will be considered.
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and within Information Technology Services. Crafting a culture around these values allows us to more deeply connect with and appreciate our employees, students, and campus partners. Information Technology Services is continuously working to build a community where we all feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. We do this not only because it is what’s right, but because we know that diversity drives insight and innovation. We are proud to partner closely UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as their dedication to this mission helps us all to drive change.
In this position, you will be a member of the University's Active Directory (AD) team. This team is part of the Identity Management group within the Office of Information Assurance. Participating in design, planning, and operation of our enterprise Active Directory, you will serve as a key team member. You will be assisting other technology teams within the University for all matters related to Microsoft Active Directory.
- Applies advanced systems infrastructure concepts and campus, medical center or Office of the President or institutional objectives to resolve highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Selects methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results.
- Gives presentations to the associated team and other technical units.
- Evaluates new technologies including performing moderate to complex cost/benefit analyses.
- Monitor, assess, maintain, develop and upgrade all critical Active Directory systems, interfaces and services.
- Develop many new Active Directory related services for the campus community, investigate and build methods to integrate other computing systems into the central environment and build processes to assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the systems.
- Use compiled programming and scripting languages to design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain complex and secure applications across multiple environments.
- Use various scripting languages to automate systems administration and IT processes.
- Provide consulting services to campus department system administrators in their efforts to improve their Windows environments, integrate Unix and Macintosh systems with their Windows environments, security objectives, and other specialized needs.
- Additionally, provide third tier technical support to campus departmental system administrators, ITS administrators, and service desk personnel.
Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Information or Computer Science related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory and other Windows server technologies
Expertise with hybridized cloud environments from major vendors such as Amazon AWS, Google, and Microsoft Office 365
Proven experience with supporting Active Directory subsystems (Azure AD Connect/Federation Services/Certificate Services etc.).
Expert in programming and/or scripting automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VB, or other languages and automating methods. Advanced PowerShell and Group Policy skills.
Advanced knowledge of computer security best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing most complex server-based software.
General knowledge of other areas of IT. Thorough understanding of and experience with systems-related issues and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance.
Advanced knowledge, skills and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution. Experience with design, configuration, operation, repair, and tuning of technology systems.
Experience with cross-platform OS and application integration (UNIX/Windows/Apple etc.)
Knowledge and experience with Active Directory integration with Microsoft communications and productivity suites such as Exchange, Lync and SharePoint
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. This position is eligible for full: - Health/Dental/Vision Insurance- Vacation/Holidays - Life Insurance- UC Retirement Plan.
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit - http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and UCSD Work/Life visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/index.html
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.php
Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.Employee must be available to travel as required.Job offer is contingent on clear background check.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.