Physician Wellness Program Executive Assistant - 118925
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#118925 Physician Wellness Program Executive AssistantFiling Deadline: Tue 10/4/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/23/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 09/27/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at La Jolla (building to be determined) and remote.
The Physician Wellness Program Executive Assistant will play an integral support role towards promoting an extraordinary culture of physician wellness at UCSD, within a team that helps design, implement and evaluate physician wellness initiatives. The individual in this position will support the Physician Wellness Office and the Board of Governors (BOG).
Involves providing administrative oversight for an executive, including the coordination of communications and pertinent data among a group of the executive's subordinate management staff. Performs and / or oversees special projects or assignments that are highly sensitive or complex in nature, requiring a high level of independence and initiative in execution and implementation. Handles details and oversees work of a highly confidential and critical nature to support the executive on matters of significance.
Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems / issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. Provides support to a direct report of the senior leadership; ensures front administrative processes and office operations run smoothly in the executive's office. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Supports Physician Wellness Office through a defined operational program or activities which may include some of the following functions: physician wellness, finance, facilities, payroll, space planning, human resources, communications, informational technology or safety.
- Supports internal and select external Physician Wellness initiatives, with focus on measures of desired impact through process and outcome metrics.
- Streamlines scheduling and communication with internal physician wellness groups, including but not limited to: Physician Wellness Steering Committee and the Department Wellness Director Committee.
- Supports Physician Wellness Director and Manager in facilitating assessments and implementing improvements.
- Coordinates key fiscal reporting, including the Physician Wellness Office budget and Department Wellness Director resources.
- Develops and maintains budgets.
- Prepares agendas and sends materials in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and collects presentations from speakers.
- Manages shared documents in Microsoft Teams.
- Scribes minutes, reviews with Chair and sends to committees.
- Supports BOG membership committee -led by elected member.
- Sends email correspondences on behalf of leaders.
- Addresses ad hoc requests from elected members and officers.
- Updates bylaws as needed.
- Coordinates conference room and catering (on hiatus due to COVID).
- Manages email lists via Google Groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent combination of experience / training.
Three or more (3+) years relevant Executive Assistant experience.
Professional level experience providing complex administrative support to a high-level executive
Excellent ability to communicate efficiently and effectively in both written and verbal presentations at all levels with a professional demeanor.
- Five or more (5+) years relevant Executive Assistant experience.
- Strong ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders of all levels, including staff, Directors, Administrators, Executives, and external partners.
- Responsive, adaptable and engaged in efforts to advance UCSD Physician Wellness initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience surrounding Lean Six Sigma and process improvement with a proven track record of addressing complex, multi-dimensional issues.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.