Pharmacy Assistant, PD - 118759
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#118759 Pharmacy Assistant, PDFiling Deadline: Fri 10/7/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Please note that this position is a part-time appointment
Under direct supervision of the pharmacy supervisor, handles all transactions at front-end of pharmacy on point-of-sale system (cash and credit card transactions). Checks patients in on electronic health record and performs data entry for prescriptions. Monitors and maintains front-end of pharmacy, which includes over the counter (OTC) medications, snacks and drinks, and orders replenishment products as needed. Assists with mailing of prescriptions, including, but not limited to: process payments by credit card; package, weigh and label prescriptions to be sent out to patients. Maintains daily control over pharmacy supplies necessary for transactions (e.g. bags, receipt paper, etc.) Assists in verifying invoices and authorizing payments. Maintains and assists in required record keeping for supply purchasing activities. Assists lead pharmacy technician and/or pharmacist in performing functions as necessary for patient care (within legal limits). Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school and one year of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year of appropriate/related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Recent experience in a customer service role, preferably in a large, complex healthcare environment.
- Cash handling.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with departments, patients, and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented and team focused.
- Retail/Outpatient pharmacy experience.
- Pharmacy Technician License issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Inventory management.
- Experience with Epic.
- Familiar with UCSD systems, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.