Onboarding Coordinator - 113367
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#113367 Onboarding CoordinatorExtended Review Date: Fri 1/14/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 12/08/21 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 12/20/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
UC San Diego current employees who apply by 12/13/21 will have priority consideration for this position. Recruiters will refer qualified internal candidates after the first 7 days of the job posting. All qualified external applicants and additional internal applicants who apply after the priority date may have further consideration pending the results of the initial review.
This posting will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
The Onboarding Coordinator is responsible for the high-volume onboarding of staff-level positions within UC San Diego Health, which includes the Health System, School of Medicine, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Student Health & Well-Being, and the Herbert Wertheim School of Public Health and Human Longevity Science. Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Exercises critical thinking to determine appropriate actions. This individual is team-oriented with excellent communication skills and takes pride on providing extraordinary customer service for both hiring managers, candidates and new hires. Other duties as assigned.
- Validation of criminal checks, physical requirements, and completion of other pre-employment documentation.
- Assist with the coordination and management of the compliance and correspondence of 80+ new employees per week.
- Partner effectively with key New Employee Orientation (NEO) stakeholders.
- In a professional manner, respond to internal or external onboarding-related inquiries.
- Perform onboarding-related projects, research, and deliverables as needed to support the Talent Acquisition team.
- Serve as a resource to departments on various onboarding issues. Interpret information requests in order to determine the most appropriate method of responding.
- Identify and collaborate on talent acquisition and hiring process improvement initiatives.
- May assist with other Talent Acquisition duties as needed.
Six (6) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus two (2) years of related experience/training.
Recent experience working in talent acquisition and/or human resources.
Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws related to processing new employees.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
Demonstrated ability to interact and engage with a diverse group of people.
Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Two (2) years of healthcare HR experience.
- Experience working within a human resources department within the University of California system.
- Experience onboarding new employees.
- Experience using a case management system (i.e. ServiceNow, or similar).
- Experience using PeopleSoft.
- Ability to recommend and implement process improvements.
- Employment is subject to both a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.