Nursing Staffer -Per Diem - 120727
#120727 Nursing Staffer -Per DiemExtended Deadline: Wed 2/15/2023
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Under general direction of Nursing Administration Management, the Nursing Staffer is responsible for providing bedside staff as required by the patient acuity system. Accurately maintains personnel database (ANSOS). Assures working staff has required credentials on file. Adjudicate all contract labor invoices. Other work as requested.
- Three (3) years of relevant clinical scheduling and staffing experience.
- Basic computer skills with email and Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- One (1) year of relevant experience in a large/comparable hospital setting.
- ANSOS/Web Scheduler system experience.
- Medical terminology and hospital environment experience.
- Demonstrated bed placement experience.
- Experience working with registry and travel nurses.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be able to work at both UCSD Hillcrest and La Jolla hospitals.
- Must be able to work variable hours, including overtime, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call.
- Per diem shift requirement is an average of one (1) shift per week including weekends. This is subject to change based on department needs.
- Telephone and message machine experience required.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Pay Transparency Act Full Salary Range: $64,937 - $64,937 Annually
The University of California, San Diego is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range for this position is defined as the Full Pay Range. The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position defined as the Expected Pay Scale. Placement within the Expected Pay Scale is determined by internal equity, relevant qualifications, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free environment. Employees may be subject to drug screening.