Marketing Manager - 119388
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#119388 Marketing ManagerInitial Review Date: Fri 10/21/2022
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/11/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 10/14/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to drive growth across designated clinical programs, including oncology and cardiovascular services. The incumbent draws on knowledge of marketing concepts to select appropriate methods and techniques and evaluation criteria for measuring results.
This role manages the oversight of CRM promotional campaigns, advertising plans and monitoring of all efforts to determine effectiveness. The expectation is that these cohesive strategies will differentiate UC San Diego Health and forge a meaningful connection with the constituencies UC San Diego Health serves to drives patient acquisition and brand preference.
The incumbent will also assume project management responsibilities for corporate initiatives and special projects as assigned. The incumbent works closely with clinical program leadership and internal teams including social media, press and media, creative services, content and digital to ensure alignment.
- Draws on available research to develop marketing strategies.
- Builds targeted engagement plans, utilizing traditional and digital marketing strategies.
- Coordinates with other functional areas, including strategy, business development and patient communications in support of campaign objectives.
- Monitors the effectiveness of marketing tactics through tracking ongoing analysis of key performance indicators, and refines based on learnings.
- Delivers presentations of marketing initiatives and results to various levels of leadership.
- Supports clinical programs with development of collateral materials.
- Protects the brand and ensures adherence to brand standards.
Seven (7) years of related marketing experience including knowledge and understanding of healthcare delivery, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training in marketing experience including knowledge and understanding of healthcare delivery.
Strong project management and tactical execution skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
Keen attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy under high volumes of work and deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with physicians and clinical leaders at all levels.
- Deep understanding of healthcare marketing, preferably for oncology and/or cardiovascular services.
- Advanced working knowledge of diseases/conditions and related treatments.
- Experience developing CRM marketing initiatives to optimize customer loyalty and acquisition.
- Experience with assisting in the development of advertising campaigns, working with creative and media agencies of record.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.