Manager PB Revenue Integrity - Remote - 116467
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#116467 Manager PB Revenue Integrity - RemoteExtended Review Date: Thu 6/23/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 06/02/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Candidates hired into this position may have the ability to work remotely.
UC San Diego Health's Revenue Cycle department supports the organization's mission to deliver outstanding patient care and to create a healthier world - one life at a time. We are a diverse, patient-focused, high-performing team with a commitment to quality, collaboration, and continuous improvement that enables us to deliver the maximum standard of care to our patients. We offer challenging career opportunities in a fast-paced and innovative environment and we embrace individuals who demonstrate a deep passion for problem-solving and customer service.
Involves revenue cycle functions for the healthcare enterprise, including system billing, reporting and support. Ensures account information contains accurate and comprehensive data to provide timely billing and optimal reimbursement for services. Impacts processes to include charge capture, coding, insurance identification, data entry, billing, payment posting, refund processing and collections. May also be responsible for / integrated with business office operations.
The Manager, PB Revenue Integrity will oversee the Revenue Integrity Specialists, working edits to ensure proper revenue flow and claim submission through accurate and timely resolution to charge edits, claim edits, errors related to charges, tracking and trending common issues to help find resolution and enhance organizational revenues.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees. Functions as advisor to unit and administration. Analyzes and resolves problems, interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of department resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Provides direction, sets priorities, and analyzes workflow for subordinate revenue cycle activities, according to established policies and management guidance. Recommends, develops and implements new and revised procedures as needed.
- Nine (9) years of related experience working directly in Healthcare Professional Billing Revenue Cycle, Revenue Integrity, Charge Capture and/or Coding as an Analyst, Specialist or Supervisor/Manager, OR a Bachelor’s Degree in related area plus five (5) years of related experience working directly in Healthcare Professional Billing Revenue Cycle, Revenue Integrity, Charge Capture and/or Coding as an Analyst, Specialist or Supervisor/Manager, experience/training.
- Thorough knowledge of practices and procedures of healthcare professional billing revenue cycle, specifically revenue Integrity operations, including charge capture, coding, billing, reimbursement, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Experience and proven success in organizational skills AND ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and Customer Service skills, ability to build partnership with internal and external teams.
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Strong organization and analytical skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Experience working in EPIC software.
- Credentialed in AHIMA orAAPC (RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC).
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.