Manager, Application Development - Hybrid/Remote - 118854
#118854 Manager, Application Development - Hybrid/RemoteExtended Review Date: Wed 3/29/2023
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 09/21/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at Towne Centre Drive and remote.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Manager of the Application Development teams will manage, develop, and mentor a team of technical experts responsible for the operations, performance and reliability of UC San Diego Health’s web sites, mobile applications, and their enterprise Service Now platform.
- Evaluate current technologies and deliver applications meeting the latest standards, and implement policies and procedures related to the application quality standards and testing.
- Establish and lead a software development strategy with a balance of in-house and cloud-based offerings, capabilities, and challenges (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Responsible for the management and oversight of software developers and analysts responsible for application development, testing, and implementation of a multi-channel strategy (web, mobile, etc.).
- Lead and direct the web applications team in support of the UC San Diego Health O365 platform (e.g., Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive)
- Lead and direct a team of ServiceNow developers in support of the enterprise ServiceNow instance.
- Lead and direct the development and support of effective mobile applications on iOS and Android leveraging both native and open-source technologies (e.g., Flutter).
- Responsible for the code deployment process, ensuring changes are sufficiently tested, track defects and ensure sufficient coverage for after-hours support.
- Manage day-to-day triage of tickets, break-fix items and enhancements and ensure tickets are correctly prioritized.
- Lead projects to improve reliability, security and performance of our websites and the data feeds that support them.
- Maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders, infrastructure teams, vendors, and other IT teams.
- Drive projects and improvement activities across the extended team, facilitate the incident management process across all supported teams, perform root cause analysis and recommend preventative measures for major issues and collaborate with IT on scheduled maintenance, minimizing impact to customers.
Nine (9) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus five (5) years of related experience/training. Related experience: .Net development, IIS, SharePoint, Visual Studio, SQL and ServiceNow.
Experience and proven success in effectively leading and supervising a technical team.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to plan and organize day-to-day activities along with short and long-term projects.
- Managing/working with a team that supports a CMS ( Content Management ) solution.
- Managing/working with a team working in a SharePoint environment.
- Managing/working with a team that supports a .Net platform
- Experience managing an application development team.
- Mobile app development experience.
- Web development experience
- Experience in Content Management Systems.
- Management experience.
- ITIL Certification
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $78,900 - $179,900 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $37.79 - $86.16
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free environment. Employees may be subject to drug screening.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 118854