Lobby Liaison - 114628
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#114628 Lobby LiaisonExtended Review Date: Thu 5/19/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
This position will remain open until filled.
Minor revisions have been made to this position's preferred qualifications & do not change the nature of the position effective 5/16/22.
The Lobby Liaison is an integral part of the Guest Services team at UC San Diego Health, responding to patient and guests’ needs, requests and concerns. The Lobby Liaison job function is to support patients upon entry into the medical facilities by assisting with wayfinding, directing patients to the correct clinic for appointments, wheelchair mobilization, providing information, delivering items to admitted patient rooms, and connecting to appropriate resources.
There is a critical partnership between the Lobby Liaisons and the Health Screeners in the lobby to ensure a welcoming environment for all who enter.
Additional job functions include:
- Utilizing critical thinking and analytical skills to determine the appropriate course of action for a patient or guest
- Utilizing Electronic Medical records to assist patients and guests with critical information to their visit
- Fostering relationships with UC San Diego Health team members
Six (6) years of related experience, education/training in Guest Services/Hotel/Concierge Role/Information Desk.
Experience in fast-paced Medical environment. Hospitality-focused role, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus two (2) years of related experience/training in Guest Services/Hotel/Concierge Role/Information Desk.
Working knowledge of Patient Relations concepts to perform essential functions efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Strong communication skills needed to interact professionally and effectively in the work environment.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Experience with direct patient interaction.
- Familiarity with UC San Diego Health and working knowledge of clinical, professional, and ancillary departments.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.