Health Timekeeping Services Lead - 113826
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#113826 Health Timekeeping Services LeadFiling Deadline: Tue 1/25/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 01/14/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 01/18/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Health Timekeeping Services (HTS) Lead will work within Health Timekeeping Services (HTS) and report directly to the HTS Supervisor. The HTS lead will provide direction and guidance to a team of analysts and/or assistants who are the points of contact for timekeeping and payroll-related inquiries servicing UC San Diego Health System employees.
This role will triage complex, multi-disciplinary cases to appropriate personal, including reviewing auditing of cases as well as running reports for data analysis and aging cases. This role will also be the point of contact for escalated and complex cases and provide guidance to team members, department personnel, and employees to drive effective and timely issue resolution.
This role requires critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to research, analyze, and identify root causes to resolve a wide-range of complex timekeeping and pay-related issues. The applicant must possess knowledge and experience as a payroll/timekeeping subject matter expert.
The role requires exceptional customer services skills while balancing adherence to complex policies, collective bargaining agreements, and procedures to respond to all levels of inquiries. The Lead will work independently as well as collaboratively with internal team members, employees and timekeepers from various departments, and other central and system-wide entities. The role will partner with stakeholders to identify and develop processes, as well as proactively evaluate compliance and process improvements/gaps.
Depending on payroll deadlines, this role will require occasional work on weekends and some holidays.
Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training in payroll or timekeeping, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training in payroll or timekeeping.
Experience with and thorough knowledge of payroll processes, policies and procedures, and organization-specific computer application programs.
- Skill in analyzing information or procedures, understanding up and downstream impacts, defining problems or objectives, formulating logical and objective conclusions, and recognizing alternatives and their implications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills to effectively research and extract pertinent data and information from multiple sources to provide guidance and/or resolve issues.
- Exceptional writing skills to clearly, concisely, and logically articulate ideas, using appropriate editorial style and grammar; ability to translate technical information and concepts into easily understandable language for a diverse audience.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with faculty, staff, administrators, and co-workers and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff members, subordinates, and managers.
- Strong knowledge of pertinent computer application programs, including University-specific applications and databases, departmental applications, word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and email. Ability to work in a highly-computerized environment, and must have the ability to add and update knowledge and skills as needed to meet the direction of the organization.
- Ability to keep abreast of constantly changing University systems, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Experience working in field of HR and/or payroll preferably in a large, complex organization or Health system.
- Working knowledge of university staff personnel policies and collective bargaining agreements related to, or having impact upon, time and attendance functions.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.