Geriatric Physician - UCSD at Home - 107974
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#107974 Geriatric Physician - UCSD at HomeExtended Deadline: Mon 1/31/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD at Home, designed to provide in-home and skilled nursing facility patient care to our most complex patients living with multiple chronic conditions, is seeking a Physician to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity to serve a medically diverse patient population, and to assist in establishing and growing the UCSD Health’s Home and SNF based program.
Physician will provide high quality, evidenced based care at in-home and nursing home facilities to complex and high-risk patients with the primary goal and objectives of providing best-in-class patient care, reducing avoidable hospitalizations, and decreasing unnecessary emergency department utilization.
UC San Diego Health’s senior medicine program is ranked among the nation's top 15 programs for geriatric care and #1 in San Diego by U.S. News & World Report.
We offer competitive compensation and an exceptional employee benefit package. We invite you to consider the benefits of joining our high-functioning, interdisciplinary team, and enjoying a healthy work/life balance in beautiful San Diego!
- Conducts face-to-face medical visits at the home of the patients for routine visits, acute illness, and post-acute discharge for patients with complex medical conditions.
- This role will provide medical care to both post-acute and long-term patients at a high-quality skilled nursing facility.
- Completes a comprehensive health assessment to identify all active and chronic conditions, as well as determine all physical, mental and social needs present at the time of the visit.
- Weekly participation in Population Health’s interdisciplinary team meetings to review active cases.
- The position is full time with shared call system.
- Majority of visits will be conducted in person and some by telehealth modalities.
- Fully utilize your multi-faceted skills as a geriatrician, serving patients across continuum of care as a geriatric medicine sub-specialist.
- Opportunities for teaching residents, fellows, medical students available.
Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
Current or eligible for California Medical Licensure/DEA.
Experience treating Geriatric patient population. Fellowship-trained and Board-Certified or Board-eligible in Geriatric Medicine preferred.
Broad expertise of services in the care continuum which may include facility-based and home-based care.
Strong ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with patients, families and team members.
Effective collaboration with the Population Health team in an interdisciplinary framework.
Demonstrate a desire to help increase Geriatric access in the community.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and locations based on the 24-hour business needs.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.