Financial Analyst- Hybrid / Remote - TP115950
#TP115950 Financial Analyst- Hybrid / RemoteFiling Deadline: Wed 6/1/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
TES has current openings for a variety of financial positions. Most positions are full-time, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, although part-time positions are sometimes available. Hybrid/ Remote options are available.
Under general direction, performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to:Financial Analyst management. Gathering statistics, conducting surveys, analyzing data, producing statistical reports. Works on proposals and awards of diverse scope where analysis of data requires a thorough understanding of complex regulations. Conducts diagnostic analysis of variances between business-unit transactional systems and campus financial system. TES also provides staffing coverage for a wide variety of higher-level positions in administration and business/program operations. Assignments are typically long-term on a full-time schedule. Candidates interested in being considered for potential future openings should submit their applications to this job posting.
- Provides professional financial analysis support to the Business & Finance units. The position conducts error monitoring/audits in multiple financial systems, investigates problems, resolves discrepancies and coordinates corrective assignments.
- Conducts diagnostic analysis of variances between business-unit transactional systems and campus financial system; performs regular reconciliations for "key" Balance Sheet account such as accrued liabilities, inventory, and receivables. Ad hoc transactional and/or financial analysis and reporting.
- Coordinates Oracle projects pre-close procedures and revenue/recharge validation(s) and verification(s).
- Supports the design, development and implementation of new or changed business processes connected to systems functionality and identifies opportunities for business process and/or internal control improvements.
- Provides general accounting support such as account reconciliations, balance inquiries, work-papers, schedules and upload of weekly check-writes in Manager's absence.
- Works on problems of limited to moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of multiple factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
TES also provides staffing coverage for a wide variety of higher-level positions in administration and business/program operations. Assignments are typically long-term on a full-time schedule. Candidates interested in being considered for potential future openings should submit their applications to this job posting.
Working knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
Demonstrated background in financial analysis, business process modeling, operational flow diagrams, organizational behavior and work simplification theory.
Experience shows solid work history involving independent problem solving, negotiation, decision making, research and analysis.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in finance, accounting, business, public administration or related field.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices and ability to apply UC San Diego accounting/business policies and procedures, including accounts payable, payroll, travel, entertainment, purchasing, grants, contracts, and taxes.
Knowledge with fiscal year-end closing policies and procedures. Knowledge of cost accounting and applying auditing standards and methods to financial/budgetary, organizational and operational functions.
Ability to write and prepare clear and concise reports, presentations, and correspondence; ability to interact effectively with diverse levels of personnel over the telephone, computer and in person.
Demonstrated ability using spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports. Experience using computerized business applications. Ability to learn UC San Diego computer systems such as UCPath (PeopleSoft), Cognos, FIS (Oracle and Concur) or other similar systems
Experience analyzing and interpreting complex written material, financial data and computer-generated information and ability to effectively communicate results of analyses to senior management team and other campus representatives.
Preferred degree in finance, accounting, business administration, mathematics, or economics
Background check required
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.