Epic Business Intelligence Developer - Hybrid - 118283
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#118283 Epic Business Intelligence Developer - HybridExtended Review Date: Mon 11/14/2022
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 8-19-2022 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 8-30-2022. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The description and qualifications of this position have been slightly modified as of 10/13/2022.
This posting will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
Epic Business Intelligence Developer - Perioperative & Procedural Services develops highly-complex clinical informatics data sets and integrated data architecture to ensure accurate, efficient and reliable data analytics. Collaborates with clinical, business, and technical leaders to create or adapt data sourcing and SQL coding in support of real-time operational decision making.
Technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in specific areas; problem-solving frequently requires analysis of unique issues / problems without precedent and / or structure. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at Hillcrest and remote.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area plus five (5) years of related experience/training or Nine (9) years of related experience, education/training.
- Epic Clarity Data Model certification required.
- Advanced level knowledge of clinical information systems and database management technologies.
- Advanced level knowledge of user interface optimization, data integration and mining, clinical decision support, and rules development.
- Advanced level capabilities with MSSQL server and related technologies.
- Advanced level skills with database management and third-party report building tools such as Qlik and Tableau.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently to meet priorities and deadlines.
- Experience in a large, complex healthcare system or academic medical center.
- Understanding of Perioperative & Procedural Services clinical workflows and data nuances.
- Experience with Epic OpTime.
- Experience with Epic Cogito.
- Experience with Epic Caboodle.
- This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at Hillcrest and remote.
- Must be able to work various hours based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.