Dosimetry Supervisor - 113311
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#113311 Dosimetry SupervisorInitial Review Date: Tue 12/21/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 12/10/2021 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 12/21/2021. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Provides supervision to dosimetrists and specialists with external beam radiation treatmentplanning (e.g. External Beam or Brachytherapy). May also include supervision of support staff. Coordinates daily workflow, provides training, oversees staff productivity, evaluates work performance, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures. Resolves or escalates daily clinical, technical or human resource issues.
- Supervises dosimetrists and treatment staff verifying technical soundness and suitability of radiation treatment plans. Ensures treatments conform to University and department policy, regulatory requirements and published practices.
- Coordinates patient treatments and reviews treatment schedules to ensure optimal workflow and appropriate use of personnel.
- Works with dosimetrists and treatment staff to improve quality and consistency of external beam treatments. Ensures coordination and timely completion of treatment plans.
- Provides insight on quality assurance issues. Assists in the design and implementation of quality improvement and compliance initiatives. Ensures adherence to safety and infection control policies and regulations. Identifies risks and seeks remedies.
- Establishes and administers staff training program that ensures crosstraining on treatment techniques, equipment and software. Assists in the development and implementation of new treatment planning techniques.
- Communicates regularly across services to assure efficient workflow, collaborates on issues related to improvements in patient care or operations.
- Participates in recruiting and conducts new employee orientation. Evaluates performance and competency and defines development goals. Recommends changes in staffing and budget to ensure the efficient operation of Dosimetry services.
- Serves as a role model for assigned staff.
- Assists with budget preparation. Provides input on fiscal goal setting.
- Nine (9) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or related field or related area plus five(5) years of relevant Dosimetry experience/training
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.