Digital Experience Manager - Hybrid/Remote - 115676
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#115676 Digital Experience Manager - Hybrid/RemoteExtended Review Date: Tue 7/5/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 04/21/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 04/25/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at Greenwich Drive and remote.
This position will remain open until filled.
The qualifications and description of this posting have been updated as of 05/16/22.
The Digital Experience Manager employs user experience (UX) knowledge and techniques to create and improve existing UC San Diego Health web properties. The manager will work with stakeholders in the UCSDH Marketing and Communications department and throughout the organization to proactively gather needs requirements, perform usability testing, present creative solutions, and execute approved projects.
The manager must be able to handle a high volume of projects, manage competing priorities, and deliver high-quality work on schedule. The position requires strong interpersonal communications skills, including active listening skills.
A portfolio demonstrating knowledge and skills as a visual designer and problem solver is a must.
- Performs research and draws on findings to develop digital strategies.
- Designs and creates user journeys and digital assets for our websites and other properties.
- Monitors the effectiveness of solutions through tracking ongoing analysis of key performance indicators and refines based on learnings.
- Coordinates with other functional areas, including strategy, business development and patient communications in support of organization objectives.
- Protects the brand and ensures adherence to brand standards.
Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training with wireframing and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar), OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training with wireframing and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar).
Experience and proven success in fundamentals of design and user experience, including skill to design in an appealing, lively and relevant way.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive design.
- Working knowledge of web accessibility standards.
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills.
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, FullStory, or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with project management tools and techniques
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.