Customer Service Representative, BLANK AST 2 - TP123267
#TP123267 Customer Service Representative, BLANK AST 2Filing Deadline: Fri 6/23/2023
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
As a member of the Housing, Dining, Hospitality (HDH) Customer Service Center (CSC) team, provide support to HDH customers in the operation, maintenance, custodial and information systems work in departmental buildings, utility systems and custodial functions. Accept, analyze, suggest solutions for, refer, and dispatch trouble calls. Assess urgency, nature, level, and type of problem. Identify and advise customers of unusual problems that may harm the environment, people, or programs, and coordinate appropriate emergency response. Resolve, coordinate, and follow up on internal/external service requests, delays, and complaints. Using MAXIMO maintenance management software, initiate and track work orders, monitor jobs in progress, and compile reports. In conjunction with supervisor plan new customer service strategies and work processes that promote continuous service improvement. Enter and track work orders and billing information through MAXIMO maintenance management system. Analyze information from requestor to properly create, prioritize and categorize work requests. As time allows and operational needs require, provide back- up administrative assistance to other Property Operations, and Planning (POP) Business Office operations to include but not limited to filing, payroll, ordering of supplies, processing of bids and invoices, auditing, and lock and key coordination. Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with over 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget greater than $200 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 18,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering over 8 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which added 10,000 new beds in the next 10 years and will almost double our square footage by 2032. Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 65% by 2032. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors. Housing/Dining/Hospitality commits to facilitating an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment, fostering a sense of belonging for our students and staff. As HDH we understand, each unique individual with their varied thoughts and experiences is what makes our department strong. Aligning with UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion strategic goals, Housing/Dining/Hospitality is proud to promote and create opportunities for greater equity, diversity and inclusiveness within our division.
- Organizational, writing, and mathematical ability to accurately and efficiently complete general administrative work
- Ability to uncover the important and relevant information about a problem through effective customer interface, conversation, and questioning and dispatch appropriate work order.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relations through a professional approach to handling customer service needs and problems.
- Ability to independently analyze situations and problems, identify issues and make effective decisions or recommendations within established procedures.
- Ability to communicate sound judgment and respond quickly to sensitive and urgent situations *Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a busy, service oriented office atmosphere with frequent interruptions, varied work assignments, and fluctuating priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with other staff personnel in a positive, team oriented manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, confidentiality, diplomacy, and flexibility; excellent telephone manner in handling a variety of calls.
- Proven ability to demonstrate mature judgment, confidentiality, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote and to maintain positive working relationships and job effectiveness.
- Proven communication skills, both verbal and written, including knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage, with the ability to compose letters and memoranda utilizing appropriate formats and styles, while proofing work to ensure accuracy of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to fully analyze assignments, to gather data and information, and to work with tact and diplomacy with all members of the campus community.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, i.e. computer, 10-key, various printers, fax machine, copy machine, and scanner.
- Proven ability in data entry, database-work order management, word processing, Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to input a high volume of complex data accurately and within pre-established deadlines.
- Ability to manipulate the data base to analyze data and produce requested reports.
- Ability to maintain acceptable work habits, demeanor, attention to detail, punctuality and regularity of attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret and follow instructions and complete accurately assignments which require a high level of detail.
Background check required
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $33,900 - $66,962 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $16.24 - $32.07
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: TP123267