Business Intelligence Specialist-Facilities - 114470
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#114470 Business Intelligence Specialist-FacilitiesInitial Review Date: Fri 5/13/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 02/24/2022. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
* The description and qualifications for this position have been slightly modified as of 03/30/2022.*
As a Business Intelligence Specialist with UC San Diego Health, incumbent will engage with consults with department leaders and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly-complex business intelligence solutions and analytics. Develops and presents quantitative business cases to managers and senior leaders. The development of processes for data gathering, consolidation and dashboard development to support monitoring and control activities associated with capital project delivery in owned and leased properties.
The Business Intelligence Specialist will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop the organization's mission to create a central repository of technical and business metadata that informs the decision-making process. Departments you will regularly engage with include but are not limited to Facilities, Finance, Information Services, Strategy and the Executive Management Team.
The Business Intelligence Specialist may lead report building exercises, process improvement efforts and projects that optimize the organization’s data governance framework. Individuals with strong project management skills, change management experience and knowledge of the construction industry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Development of dashboards that track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the capital construction portfolio.
- Development of ad-hoc reports for stakeholders across the organization.
- Management of process improvement efforts that improve data flow efficacy, integrity, etc.
- Management of projects that support enterprise data governance goals.
- Coordination with program managers responsible for discrete portions of the capital construction portfolio.
- Analysis of Baseline-to-Actual budget forecasts by fiscal years.
- Analysis of multi-year capital spend estimates.
- Analysis of historical and forecasted resource demand (financial capacity and staff capacity to deliver projects).
- Documentation of process and data workflows (Visio, Lucidchart, Etc.).
- Documentation of standard operating procedures, knowledge base articles, etc.
- Research on industry best practices related to healthcare construction.
- Coordination with staff across the organization on initiatives that impact the capital construction program (new systems, programs, applications, etc).
- Other duties as required to support the capital construction program.
Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in business administration, construction management, planning, finance, information technology, or a minimum seven (7) years of directly relevant experience in a similar industry and/or combined experience, education and training.
Change management coordination and process improvement systems knowledge
Knowledge of information systems, including familiarity with financial/business applications.
Knowledge of construction industry terminology and key performance indicators.
Experience with process modeling, process optimization, and process management.
Experience in data quality, data profiling, and data analysis, with ability to identify data patterns and root causes of data issues and help drive closed-loop corrective action.
Ability to understand business processes and pain-points to lead the definition of data requirements to meet complex business needs and drive data quality.
Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and technical information into more consumable terms.
Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
Superb service mindset and ability to use metrics to measure program success.
Patience, tact, and the ability to work well under pressure in a busy office.
- Experience working in healthcare or construction.
- Experience working in an academic medical center.
- Experience working in a heavily matrixed organization.
- Advanced Degree in data science, business administration or a related field.
- Certification in Project Management, Program Management, Lean Six Sigma and/or Change Management.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.