Asst Director, Care Nav Hub Scheduling - 106739
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#106739 Asst Director, Care Nav Hub SchedulingExtended Review Date: Wed 12/8/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 12/3/20. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Assistant Director of Care Navigation Hub Scheduling, in collaboration with Senior Management, is responsible for defining the future path and operating model of the Care Navigation Hub as it relates to service line appointment scheduling. Responsible for the planning, development, overall leadership, direction, and oversight of Primary Care and Specialty contact center related services. The Assistant Director provides effective leadership of the daily operations of the contact center units and is responsible for development and execution of strategic outreach initiatives that are supported through the Care Navigation Hub.
The Director assures that optimal service level expectations are met to fulfill the needs of members, prospective members, patients, payers, consumers, physicians, other medical professionals and decision makers of UC San Diego Health System. The Director manages and continually provide leadership and oversight to enhance telephone and electronic access to information and services for patients, physicians, and other constituents.Responsible for ensuring adherence to compassionate, efficient service provided within target service levels.
* Manages and has accountability for functional, operational and budget operations for unit.
* Directs functions and management of resources associated with services provided such as patient scheduling, registration, change management, training, non-patient access, quality management, reporting and analytics.
* Prepares short- and long-range planning.
* Establishes and recommends customer service policies and procedures.
* Act as principle liaison with primary care practices/ clinics to ensure their satisfaction with the access center support of their practice/ department. Interact closely with administrative leadership members to address productivity or performance/ behavioral issues as well as responding to complaints or concerns.
* Interacts with higher-level management on controversial situations, negotiations, or influencing and persuading others.
* Selects, develops, and evaluates staff to achieve effective and efficient operation of the unit.
* Manages related activities and ensures the alignment of team priorities with broader customer service and organizational objectives.
* Manage workflow and quality of customer service provided, oversees resolution to complex calls, works with management team to identify problems and improve customer service levels.
* Interfaces with other departments and/or functional owners to resolve problems, communicates policy, procedures and practices and meets unit goals.
* Formulate new strategies, initiatives and programs to improve patients experience with scheduling.
* Research, plan and institute best practice operational processes to create a best in class operating model.
* Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Seven (7+) or more years of relevant experience within a mid- to large-size call center environment.
A minimum of three (3+) or more years management level experience in a call center environment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating tact, professionalism, and courtesy.
Demonstrated knowledge of call center technology.
Comprehensive understanding of health insurance plans and the California payer environment, patient referral/request for service receipt and management, clinical triage processes, appointment scheduling, insurance eligibility, pre-certification procurement, and pre-registration activities.
Highly skilled in process optimization and productivity.
Experience of managing large and complex budgets and proven ability to manage and control costs effectively.
Proven people management experience and skills, especially in building, leading and motivating large teams. Able to manage performance and employee conduct fairly and decisively.
Strong knowledge of policies, procedures, systems and best practices involving call center operations.
Demonstrated focus on Quality and Process Improvement.
- Master's degree in Business, Health Administration, or a related field.
- Five (5+) or more years of management experience in a relevant setting.
- Substantial experience in a healthcare call center, ideally within a large, complex health system.
- Epic software systems experience.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.