Ambulatory Care Coordinator - 122283
#122283 Ambulatory Care CoordinatorExtended Review Date: Mon 5/22/2023
UC San Diego values equity, diversity, and inclusion. If you are interested in being part of our team, possess the needed licensure and certifications, and feel that you have most of the qualifications and/or transferable skills for a job opening, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 4/13/2023 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 4/24/2023. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Please note that this position is a part-time appointment
Applies acquired skills and clinical and operational knowledge of ambulatory care clinics to coordinate aspects of clinic operations of intermediate scope and complexity. Monitors dailyclerical activities, billing, and other operational services for a clinic in the medical center.
- Coordinates daily clinic activities and monitors workflow of administrative services including patient registration and authorization, referral coordination, medical records storage and maintenance. Oversees staff performance ensuring compliance with policies and regulations.
- Troubleshoots day-to-day administrative and IT issues. Handles escalated issues seeking clinical input when appropriate.
- Performs clinic revenue reconciliation. Compiles and reports reimbursement data. Assists with incident reporting. Serves as liaison with billing office.
- Conducts chart reviews and reports discrepancies. Updates diagnosis and procedure codes to support clinical documentation and maximize reimbursement.
- Monitors daily clinical reporting, communicates results to provide accurate and timely patient care coordination.
- Serves as department resource for finance and compliance questions / issues. Serves as a liaison between academic and clinical groups.
- Oversees equipment inventory and coordinates supply purchasing. Facilitates ergonomic evaluations and orders ergonomic equipment.
- Proficient user of clinic IT technology systems. Trains administrative staff on IT systems and applications. Coordinates conferences, compiles attendee conference notes and clinical recommendations and disseminates information.
Six (6) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus two (2) years of related experience/training.
Knowledge of ambulatory care clinic practice management including patient careworkflows and processes.
Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology and clinical knowledge of clinic practice area.
- Must pass a background check, physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations basedon business needs.
Pay Transparency Act
Annual Full Pay Range: $43,900 - $91,900 (will be prorated if the appointment percentage is less than 100%)
Hourly Equivalent: $21.02 - $44.01
Factors in determining the appropriate compensation for a role include experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The Hiring Pay Scale referenced in the job posting is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position. The Annual Full Pay Range may be broader than what the University anticipates to pay for this position, based on internal equity, budget, and collective bargaining agreements (when applicable).
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.
UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free environment. Employees may be subject to drug screening.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 122283