340B Compliance Specialist - 118119
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#118119 340B Compliance SpecialistFiling Deadline: Wed 9/28/2022
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 8/12/22 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 8/23/22. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The 340B Compliance Specialist position involves the review and evaluation of healthcare regulatory compliance controls and programs specifically related to 340B. Working with the 340B Program Coordinator, the 340B Compliance Specialist.
* Develops regulatory policies and systems from a strategic perspective
* Keeps abreast of regulatory issues
* Plans for changes and / or integration as new departments open internally, existing departments move or change, and/or new healthcare affiliations are assumed
* Provides education and consultation to hospital and medical staff regarding the integration of compliance regulatory standards with programs and operations
* Acts as a channel of communication to direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution
* Ensures issues and concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
* Develops and maintains policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities
* Assists in management and maintenance of Split Billing software and applications
* Audits 340B program compliance with Federal and State regulations
Bachelor's Degree in clinical or related area; and/or equivalent combination of experience/ training.
A minimum of three (3+) or more years of relevant experience.
Experience and proven success in knowledge of the methods, tools, and practices involved with regulatory compliance.
Thorough knowledge and ability to apply all relevant Federal and State regulations applicable to the 340B program.
Demonstrated work experience related to auditing systems or work requiring analytical evaluation of data.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel. This position has routine use of spreadsheets of manipulation of large data sets.
- California Pharmacy Technician License.
- Has completed the Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program from Apexus.
- Demonstrated experience and use with split billing software.
- Prior experience using EPIC or equivalent Electronic Medical Record/Outpatient Pharmacy information system.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, the only Burn Center in the county, and and dozens of outpatient clinics. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.