112549 - Sr. Financial Analyst
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#112549 Sr. Financial AnalystInitial Review Date: Mon 11/22/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and influenza before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: Flu Vaccine Mandate / COVID Vaccine Policy
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 11/12/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will remain open until filled.
Involves developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning, resource planning (dollars), and control of organizational budget. May analyze and prepare recommendations for financial plans, including annual resource allocations, future requirements, and operating forecasts.
Recognized organization-wide expert. Has significant impact and influence on organizational policy and program development. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the organization; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Directs programs with organization-wide impact (or may have impact beyond the University) that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources. Significant barriers to entry exist at this level.
Advanced degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience performing Financial Analysis, Budgeting or Projections.
Experience and proven knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
Ability to independently gather required information, and to organize and perform financial analysis assignments. Must have the ability to identify issues; analyze data; develop, recommend, and implement, solutions; and convert data to actionable information and recommendations.
- Master's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or CPA.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft Access, SQL, Tableau, and other reporting software to analyze data and generate ad-hoc reports.
- Experience with financial forecasting and projections
- Proven ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner. Must be adept at presenting information in a tactful and diplomatic manner, clearly and concisely conveying technical information, both written and verbal, to a broad audience.
- Proficient ability using spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports. ability to synthesize large amounts of data.
- General understanding of general accepted accounting principles.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.