112298 - Director, Business Administration
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#112298 Director, Business AdministrationFiling Deadline: Thu 10/28/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/10/flu-vaccination-requirement-for-uc-students,-faculty-and-staff-issued-for-2021-2022.html
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 10/28/2021. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Director, Business Administration involves the management, long-range planning, organization, coordination, training, oversight and administrative performance for multiple departments in the Division of Facilities, Capital Management, Retail, Hospitality, Hospital and Offsite Support Services. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and organizational goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls. Manages systems and procedures to protect and monitor departmental assets including budgets, contracts, policies and use of administrative resources. Directs programs with organization-wide impact that include formulating strategies, monitoring, reporting and administering policies, processes and resources relating to administration, human resources, finance, budgets, contracts, procurement and temporary staff asset management. Reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
* Manages, plans, and administers administrative operations for support units, including finance, administration, business system, and other areas as needed.
* Creates, aligns and maintains divisional processes for admin, financial, and personnel support functions.
* Monitors and tracks all MOU agreements with internal and outside agencies including UCSD Campus.
* Acts as liaison for finance, procurement, division directors, Human Resources and other related agencies.
* Represents the department on business affairs to the organization such a performing advisory role on business related issues to the Division Personnel Management Board (PMB).
* Prepares short and long range planning for administrative services operations and improvements to processes.
* Establishes and recommends change to policies which affect the assigned units.
* Develops and monitors operational and budget processes, staff FTE, finance, human resources and space planning.
* Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets.
* Develops and prepares budgets and financial reports.
* Screens applications, interview candidates and either make selection decisions or recommends individuals for hire.
* Trains and assigns work to new and continuing employees. Provides guidance on performance standards and University procedures.
* Independently conducts performance evaluations, including communication with subordinates.
* Makes recommendations for employee incentive awards and salary increases including merits and reclassifications.
* Determines what discipline should be imposed for subordinates, with authority to apply such, and/or submits/ recommends same to higher level management.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Division Chief Administrative Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related area, or equivalent combination or experience and training.
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience including finance, budgets, procurement, administrative staffing models, labor analysis and supplemental staffing contracts.
- Wide combination of relevant experience relating to finance, budget generation and analysis, personnel reporting including vacancy tracking within a large organization.
- Understanding and working knowledge of how facilities and support services function specifically in a healthcare environment.
- MBA or similar relevant advanced degree
- Experience within a large, complex academic healthcare system.
- Experience with an academic campus structure, as the UCSD Health function falls under the University protocols on many administrative functions.
- Experience and proven success in having broad knowledge of the Health organization's processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on procurement processes, budgeting for support services (nonrevenue and revenue generating), accounting and fund management, personnel management under labor contracts and personnel policy.
- Working knowledge of software programs such as Oracle and EPSI (finance), Service Now and Premier Connect (procurement), Ecotime (payroll), and advanced user of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Budgeting and accounting experience.
- Contracts and procurement experience.
- Labor contracts experience.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.