112182 - Sr. Project Manager
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#112182 Sr. Project ManagerFiling Deadline: Mon 10/25/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/10/flu-vaccination-requirement-for-uc-students,-faculty-and-staff-issued-for-2021-2022.html
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/13/21 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 10/25/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Senior Project Manager independently leads and directs multiple projects and/or programs of medium to large size and complexity. Plans, manages and evaluates cross-functional / cross-organizational systems, develop/implement projects with high risk and financial, operational or legal implications. Anticipates project or program risks and plans with appropriate action to avoid or mitigate risks to project schedules, budget, deliverables, quality and staffing. Provides leadership and decision making ability where competing interests and priorities involve the highest levels of management.
- Manage all aspects of the project and program life cycle (PLC)
- Utilize broad technical knowledge of IT disciplines, specialized knowledge of the organization’s mission/business needs and the healthcare industry in general to manage large-scale projects and programs effectively
- Conduct assigned projects/programs in accordance with PMO project and program management methodology, approved plans and stakeholder expectations; uses and coaches others on the PMO’s project and program management methodology / tools
- Directs and coordinates activities supporting multiple smaller projects with multiple project managers. Provides hands-on leadership and process subject matter expertise to project / program teams and senior level management.
- Develop and maintain project schedule using PMIS tools, (e.g. MS Project, Clarity, ServiceNow) to include WBS, task dependencies, durations, resource assignments and critical path
- Ensures appropriate project governance is in place and used (e.g. project steering committee, change control, baseline management)
- Facilitate project and deployment meetings
- Oversee project financials, including managing billing and receivable process
- Monitor progress of multiple projects simultaneously
- Build and maintain superior client relations
Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training in project management and project management applications (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, ServiceNow) OR a Bachelor’s Degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training in project management and project management applications (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, ServiceNow.)
Applied knowledge of project management best practices and frameworks such as PMI’s Body of Knowledge or System Development Life Cycle.
Demonstrated Healthcare and/or IT industry experience.
Professional experience and proven success managing technical projects.
Requires effective communication and organization skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Strong presentation skills utilizing presentation software applications (MS PowerPoint, LucidChart, KeyNote).
- Strong budget management experience
- Strong risk and issue management experience
- Agile and waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Experience with large, academic medical center IT projects
- Experience with clinical-facing IT projects
- Vendor management experience
- Must be able to work onsite various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.