111110 - Talent Acquisition Specialist
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#111110 Talent Acquisition SpecialistInitial Review Date: Thu 9/9/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 08/13/21 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 08/25/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist provides the full range of recruitment, screening, referral and selection activities for a wide variety of positions. Employment and search efforts are diverse and complex in scope, where analyses of situations require a review of variety of factors. Identifies and presents qualified candidates for professional level positions. Normally receives general direction on all staffing and employment assignments. Exercises considerable judgment and discretion to determine appropriate action. Works with senior internal and external contacts.
* Create posting descriptions and posts in applicant tracking system and to outside sources when needed.
* Works in a collaborative manner with assigned business units, other areas of HR and outside recruiters/agencies on matters pertaining to staffing needs.
* Independently analyzes resumes based on knowledge of the position requirements.
* Maintain a current in-depth knowledge of state and federal employment laws, current bargaining unit agreements, and UC employment policy and procedures.
* Serve as a resource for prospective candidates providing information on available position, status of an application, or assistance in applying online.
* Assesses candidate applications/resumes to ensure a highly qualified and diverse candidate pool.
* Ensures timely processing of hires in applicant tracking system.
* Conduct thorough salary analyses for candidate offers to ensure equity and compliance with applicable policies.
* Delivers consistent and high quality customer service to all internal and external clients.
* Prioritizes work assignments, conducts research and data analysis and helps develop resulting recommendations on assigned projects.
* May work with external resources including temporary agencies, contract search and internet sourcing tools.
* Engages in networking and outreach related activities to build and assess qualified applicants as needed.
* Provides classroom training presentations to designated client groups on HR employment related topics.
* Ensures that sourcing and recruitment efforts comply with federal and state laws, system wide policies, and local procedures governing EEO/AA.
Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training; OR a Bachelor’s Degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training.
Demonstrated experience working on a Talent Acquisition team.
Experience using and well-versed in applicant tracking systems (ATS).
Working knowledge of applicable Human Resources policies and procedures, labor contracts and employment law, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and affirmative action/equal employment opportunity.
Thorough knowledge of interviewing and employee reference techniques and methodologies.
Proven experience conducting complex salary analyses and making salary recommendations.
Proficiency using Microsoft Office, applicant tracking systems, and other talent acquisition programs. Comfortable using and learning new technology.
Able to deliver consistent and high quality customer service and to interact effectively with a diverse clientele while responding efficiently to customer needs and requests.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing (grammar, spelling, editing, proofreading) and be able to articulate complex ideas for all levels of audiences.
A self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, complex organization.
Personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
Demonstrated experience in providing training to leaders. Superb presentation skills.
Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience recruiting for healthcare and/or research positions.
- Experience using a case management system to organize and track your workload.
- Experience using PeopleSoft.
- Employment is subject to both a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.