110916 - Experience Liaison
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#110916 Experience LiaisonInitial Review Date: Thu 10/21/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/10/flu-vaccination-requirement-for-uc-students,-faculty-and-staff-issued-for-2021-2022.html
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 08/20/21 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 08/31/21}. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The qualifications of this posting have been updated as of 09/15/21.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Experience Liaison is an integral part of the Guest Services team at UC San Diego Health, working independently to assist patients in navigating care and providing solutions. Primary responsibilities include proactively connecting with admitted patients to answer questions, sharing information, educating patients on available hospital services, addressing overall concerns and creating a positive experience for patients, guests and team members.
The Experience Liaison serves as a conduit between the patient, family members and clinical team members, ensuring open communication as necessary. Using outstanding communication skills, the Experience Liaison ensures that patients, loved ones and guests feel a warm, welcoming, helpful environment that is attentive to all of their needs.
Additional job functions include:
- Utilizing critical thinking and analytical skills to determine the appropriate course of action for a patient or guest
- Entering activities into the iReport database
- Utilizing software databases and functions to assist patients and guests with critical information to their visit
- Completing monthly reports including service recovery and rounding
- Addressing complex patient issues and complaints to assist in increasing patient satisfaction
- Collaborating with Patient Experience team members
- Fostering relationships with UC San Diego Health team members
Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training in navigating care and providing solutions to admitted patients OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training navigating care and providing solutions to admitted patients.
Working knowledge of Patient Relations concepts to perform essential functions efficiently and effectively.
Excellent organizational and time management skills, with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and apply creativity (originality) in problem solving.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written) needed to interact professionally and effectively in the work environment, as well as effectively and accurately document processes and procedures.
- Experience working in healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Strong skills to comprehend and assess patient’s complaints and grievances to quickly locate appropriate resources for assistance.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop solutions, recommend changes and follow through with implementation.
- Familiarity with process improvement and change management.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement.
- Experience having direction patient interaction.
- Experience providing patient education.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.