110808 - (LVN) Sr. Licensed Vocational Nurse - Per Diem
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#110808 (LVN) Sr. Licensed Vocational Nurse - Per DiemExtended Review Date: Tue 9/14/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
Please note that this position is a per diem appointment
The qualifications of this position have been slightly modified as of 9/7/2021.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 8/11/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Under supervision, the Senior Vocational Nurse is responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities. This may include prioritizing and assisting in patient phone calls, administering medications, data collection, procedures, specimen collection, patient and family education, information review and chart preparation. In addition, the Senior Vocational Nurse is responsible for performing clinical study related procedures as dictated by the study protocol for patients participating in the clinical trials. The duties include and are not limited to assisting with the life cycle of research protocols and grants as assigned. Responsible for coordination of research activities including protocol review, subject screening, scheduling and data collection. Serves as physician/patient liaison and patient educator. Other related duties as assigned.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - issued by the state of California.
- LVN license must include IV/blood withdrawal certification.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date
- Minimum of two years of LVN experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to perform basic nursing techniques.
- Knowledge and skill in performing nursing procedures, specimen collection and testing.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and proper use of body mechanics.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and maintain work flow and work productively in meeting critical deadlines with constantly changingpriorities and interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills, using tact and diplomacy in order to interact effectively with all level of professional provider, staff, and a diversity of patients. Skill in appropriate telephone techniques.
- Clinical and research settings experience.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Variable work hours and locations. Willing to work overtime as required.
- CCRC certificate upon hire or within 1 year of hire.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.