110516 - Quality Informatics Specialist IV
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#110516 Quality Informatics Specialist IVFiling Deadline: Tue 8/3/2021
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 07/26/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Quality Informatics Specialist IV - is accountable for triaging, designing, managing, and delivering the clinical analytics needs of our Quality Review Committee. In order to serve in this role, it will require a robust understanding of the Epic electronic health record software reporting structure; Epic Clarity, Epic RWB, Epic Radar, in addition to being highly proficient in SQL Programming Language and building complex data Tableaus. A solid understanding of the OMOP data architecture is highly desired. The individual must have the ability to vision cross enterprise solutions that can be re-purposed into multiple workflows.
- Create reports and scorecards/dashboards to track the progress of quality improvement efforts associated to our Quality Review Program.
- Validate quality performance and attribution reports and identify variances.
- Develop and manage the process for identifying and communicating (e.g. via a report) open care gaps.
- Attend Quality Review Committee meetings as requested.
- Participates in Data Governance and Validation Activities as requested to assure data integrity.
- Organize, maintain, and aggregate large data sets with respect to quality performance.
- Develop report solutions or other tools that track quality performance measures per program and identifies the gaps necessary in order to close the measure.
- Periodically present at and/or facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
Must maintain current certification for primary EMR module(s) as a condition of employment.
Nine (9) years of related experience, education/training in healthcare analytics, healthcare quality payment programs, population health analytics, and healthcare data OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus five (5) years of related experience/training in healthcare analytics, healthcare quality payment programs, population health analytics, and healthcare data.
Professional experience and proven success performing clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies and adoption of technology.
- Five years (5+) or more + SQL Programming language.
- Certified in multiple Epic clarity data models.
- Two years (2+) or more Tableau experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.