110446 - Technical Functional Payroll Analyst
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#110446 Technical Functional Payroll AnalystInitial Review Date: Mon 8/16/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 07/13/2021 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 07/23/21. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will remain open until filled.
UCSD Health System is seeking a technical and functional analyst who will be responsible for providing support to the Health Timekeeping Services (HTS) team. This role will report to the HTS Manager.
This role will work independently as well as collaboratively with internal team members, employees, timekeepers from various departments, and other central and system-wide entities. This role will leverage technical and functional expertise to identify, analyze, and resolve cross-functional issues that may span multiple systems.
Depending on payroll deadlines, this role will require occasional work on weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to comprehend and leverage technical and functional knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, specifically ServiceNow, Timekeeping/Payroll applications, and delivered and custom PeopleSoft application.
- Ability to translate technical and/or complex issues into easy-to-understand explanations to key audiences.
- Ability to quickly pick up technical knowledge in Ecotime Timekeeping system and perform tasks as part of bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Ability to configure, test, and validate new functionality in Ecotime to meet business process demands.
- Knowledge of the delivered and custom PeopleSoft records to create SQL to pull the necessary data for analysis.
- Ability to triage complex problems across multiple systems to gather required data and perform analysis.
- Perform QA analysis on the payroll files to analyze manual edit errors and validate against employee data.
- Perform post-payroll analysis and validate accuracy of employee pay.
- Ability to synthesize data into desired applications and format and create documentation of findings that can then be used for issue resolution, knowledge management, fixes, and enhancements.
- Ability to create, maintain, and report on data and metrics from timekeeping and ServiceNow tools.
- Exhibits ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly due to deep knowledge of payroll data.
- Ability to recognize cross functional data impacts, collect pertinent details to better understand problems, and identify opportunities for improvement utilizing delivered functionality, configuration, or reporting.
- Proactively monitor internal daily operations and collaborate with central entities to understand technical and functional changes that may impact key audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with subject matter experts to proactively evaluate compliance and process improvements/gaps and create mitigation to address through system configuration, reporting, and data and metrics.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly and concisely to stakeholders in an engaging manner that helps the targeted audience understand and retain the message. Ability to effectively communicate to a broad and diverse audience and tailor approach based on circumstances.
- Ability to succinctly communicate complex issues and their importance (impact on the individual/team/organization), stress major points clearly, and follow a logical sequence
- Collect and implement feedback from key audiences for additional resources (e.g., knowledge articles, quick reference guides)
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal) to best match customer style, needs, and level of understanding in creating optimal customer interaction. Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct support based on channel (email, case management, knowledge article, etc.,).
Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training
Experience with and thorough knowledge of payroll processes, policies and procedures, and organization-specific computer application programs.
Experience with process analysis, systems analysis, process architectures, and systems analysis methodologies and practices.
Demonstrated ability to use SQL or other query tools to perform analysis.
Superior skills in Microsoft Excel with ability to gather, manipulate, interpret, and analyze data to establish patterns and trends.
Proven skill in independently analyzing situations, interpreting data, defining problems and/or objectives, identifying relevant factors, developing alternative solutions, making final recommendations, implementing, and evaluating the results.
Interpersonal skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with faculty, staff, administrators, and co-workers and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff members, subordinates, and managers.
Strong collaboration and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to share knowledge with others to help them become more effective.
Ability to keep abreast of constantly changing University systems, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Ability and judgment to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Experience and proficiency in a CRM application (ServiceNow, SalesForce, etc.,).
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 and above.
- Experience with Tableau application.
- Working knowledge of university staff personnel policies and collective bargaining agreements related to, or having impact upon, time and attendance functions.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.