110060 - VCC Practice Manager
As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
#110060 VCC Practice ManagerFiling Deadline: Wed 10/27/2021
For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the University of California requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office. For more information visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 07/6/2021 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 07/15/2021. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The UC Virtual Care Collaborative Patient Access Manager will assist the VCC program in developing a system-wide telehealth program that leverages individual campus expertise and best practices, as well as a scalable sustainable business model, to allow for cross campus sharing of telehealth services.
Involves the management and administration of patient pre-registration and registration, pre-admissions and admissions, transfers, and insurance eligibility and authorization. Functions are provided in concert with clinical and business departments across the organization, to ensure efficient patient flow and to maximize revenue collection.
- Train, monitor and participate in hiring administrative staff, addressing personnel matters, discipline, including performance assessment.
- Support provider staff schedules and administrative duties.
- Create, perform, supervise, and manage daily practice operations and workflows in the areas of scheduling and coordinating patient appointments to optimize patient access and practice efficiency, customer service, addressing and troubleshooting complaints; promoting excellent customer service by all staff levels.
- Maintain confidentiality of health information management, as well as personnel, financial data.
- Support practice leadership by collaborating, with physician leadership for establishing, and implementing workplace procedures for business strategies and patient services.
- Update, train, and implement policies consistent with best practices, regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular staff meetings and day-to-day practice operations.
- Manage practice assets, supplies, and expenses; maintaining general practice upkeep and administrative activities.
- Produce regular reports related to practice operations.
- Assists in recruiting clinicians.
- Assists in special projects.
- Facilitates performance and quality measurements and metrics.
- Maintains organizational systems for practice.
Nine (9) years of related experience, education/training OR A Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration or related area plus five (5+) or more years of related experience/training.
Proven success in supervisory, organizational, and customer service skills to effectively supervise and prioritize the activities of subordinate staff, and to manage a medical practice including priorities of registration, scheduling, and authorization.
Proficiency with EPIC applications.
Advanced office management experience with a multi-provider a psychiatric and/or multidisciplinary mental health practice which includes psychiatric practice.
Demonstrated knowledge of medical revenue cycle, and experience with mental health commercial and public reimbursement.
Exceptional ability to exceed customer expectations with a focus on issue resolution.
Excellent telephonic communication with the ability to explain concepts in a clear and articulate manner.
Superior problem solving and organizational skills. Focused with a sense of urgency.
Comfortable in recommending process changes to achieve a better experience for members.
Ability to proficiently navigate multiple systems.
General knowledge of federal, state, local and applicable compliance regulations.
Experience with human resources skills and tasks.
Working knowledge of telehealth/virtual workflows.
- Certification of physician practice management/medical management.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Authorization processes.
- Experience with innovative workflows and telehealth technology.
- Denials management experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.